Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Gassy baby

Hi ladies! My 5 month old has become REALLY gassy at night. She's been waking up every 3 hours or so because she needs help getting it out. The girl sounds like a long-shoreman when she's getting it out. We've been using gas drops before bed, bicycle kicks before bed, I burp her after her middle of the night feeding, etc. We are dealing w/ MSPI and I tried introducing a little bit of lactose last week (a slice or two of cheese, two times). Could that be the cause of this? I have had no diet changes other than that. In fact, I cut out most caffeine- except for my 10 oz of coffee in the a.m. She's not a big roller yet so she can't really get it out on her own by rolling on her belly.

Part of the issue is that we are researching sleep-training options for after the 6 month growth spurt (if we need it). However, if she's uncomfortable at night, I don't want to sleep train. I don't mind getting up to help her get the gas out. She generally eats only once or twice a night and doesn't use a pacifier, so those are non-issues (again, I don't mind the night feeds either as 10-12 hours seems to be a long time to go without a drink or food at any age, IMO).  

So, anyway, gas issues at 5 months? Any experience? Is it worth thinking about sleep training until we have it under control?   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gassy baby

• Options
    BBS!BBS! member
    My baby was extremely gassy but that stopped around 3 months. I'd talk to your doctor bc 5 months seems late to still be having so much gas issues. Good luck. Poor girl!
  • Options
    I responded on our BMB, but I'll respond here, too. I think it's definitely the cheese. DS gets really bad gas from milk protein, as well. I'd lay off the dairy, and hopefully that will help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was really gassy her first 4 weeks.  Her doctor suggested a probiotic and it helped immensely.  She still has gas (she burps and farts like an adult) but it doesn't appear to be painful anymore.  She's able to get it out without too much discomfort.  She also went from pooping once every 3 days to at least twice a day (I don't know if this is good or bad b/c I'm tired of changing dirty diapers).
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"