January 2013 Moms

Car seat help!

My DD is just shy of her six month birthday. She actually lives to ride in the car and has no qualms about getting into her car seat. When my husband and I are together, one of us usually sits in the back with her if she is wide awake. It's easier then trying to climb into the back in traffic if she starts screaming!

My problem is when it's just me. We only go short distances in the car, but we moved to Chicago last week and traffic here is brutal. A Target store six miles from our places was a 45 minute drive last night. Yeah, it's terrible. Anyway, before we leave wherever we are together, I always change her and feed her, and make sure she has her lovey. If she's not sleepy, we make it about five minutes before the screaming and crying real tears begins. Is my normally super happy kid the only one who does this? It's so distracting that I refuse now to leave the house with her if I think traffic will be even remotely crappy. My parents live in Wisconsin and I want to drive to see them, but now I'm freaked out about a potential meltdown!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Car seat help!

• Jeff only gets cranky if he is hungry or sometimes if the car is stopped. Otherwise he is pretty content. We are upgrading to a convertible car seat next week and I think that will make him more comfortable too.

I know my friend who has a 7 month old baby who HATED riding in the car just switched to a convertible car seat last month and now her little one loves it. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Yep, my DD tends to have at least one meltdown everytime we go on a car ride. However, when we go visit family that lives 2 hours away she does pretty well. There's always some tears but eventually she succumbs to a car nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just changed to the convertible carseat. DD seems much happier and comfier. She sits up more and it is more cushioned. Does your LO have toys to play with? That always helped DD too.

Welcome to Chicago! I live in a suburb about a half hour outside of the city.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD only get's antsy if the ride is over 30 mins.  She gets tired and fights a nap, but eventually succumbs.  It's ok if they cry a little, that can't always be helped. 
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate going anywhere alone with DD...she does not like her carseat anymore. A 30min drive to target goes alright, she'll just sleep. But the trip back she'll scream the whole way. She doesn't cry herself to sleep. I'll have to stop, try to calm her and get her to sleep. I hope when we do switch to a convertible carseat she'll be better. But that'll be awhile. I always make sure she has a clean diaper, full belly, her security blanket, toys whatever. But it's not enough
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone! I dread going anywhere because DS hates riding. I hoped he might like the convertible carseat better, but he doesn't. He screams in it just as much as before. My family lives about 3 hours away and if this next trip goes like the last few, they may not see us for a while. I just can't listen to him scream and cry nearly the entire trip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"