March 2012 Moms
Options

vaccination reactions.. anyone?

Our lil guy never reacted to any of his shots before.. but this time one leg has a red patch about 1x 2.5 inches and slightly bumped up.. we did the usual rubbing the shot site to distribute the vaccinations and he has had all three of them at least 2 or 3 times already without any reactions.. never gets fever or anything...

I read online that if its more than an inch to go see your pedi that day.. but he was already closed for the day and it didnt seem like a 911 issue... so I called the free nurseline that comes with my insurance and she said its perfectly normal to have a reaction even if you havent had one before and that the lump can take up to a week to go away but the redness should go quite quickly.  she said if it doesn't look better tomorrow or has any red spider lines ( infection) to take him in.

other than that he is fine.. no side effects ..

anyone else had a reaction  like this to previously had vaccinations?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: vaccination reactions.. anyone?

• Options
    It definitely wasn't the chickenpox one? My son didn't have a reaction but our pedi said not to be surprised if he gets something that looks like a raised welt because kids often react that way.

• Options
    DD had that once. It went away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD had a raised little welt with the chicken pox vaccine and a rash with the MMR.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    Thanks ladies.. it seems to be going away and it didn't bother him at all.. he just never had any reactions at all till now..so I wanted to check see :)  He is more bothered by tooth #13 which is trying to squeeze in between his front and molars... oh yay ..just as well he has my pain tolerance..now if we could just get some relief from this Texas heat so he could get out and have some fun instead of being stuck  indoors..  that would be great.  Between the heat and not being able to go out later muchbecaue of the mossies and West Nile threat..poor lil man must be bored out of his poor little diaper.

It's 105 here today Angry and we don't need a teether with sun burn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"