High-Risk Pregnancy

A few questions for bed resters

If you worked prior to being on bed rest:

1. how are you handling being off? Did you take a leave of absence? FMLA? or maybe quit?

2. How supportive is/was your administration with your departure?

3. Has being on bed rest changed your maternity leave plans?

4. When do you plan to return to work after delivery?  

5. And something totally unrelated, how far along are you and what is the status of your belly button; in or out? 

Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: A few questions for bed resters

• 1.  FMLA, expires tomorrow.  Not sure what HR will do with it now.

2.  Somewhat, but clueless.

3.  Nope, still taking at least 16w, unfortunately, it will now all be unpaid.

4.  4-5 months

5.  33/3 and out, for months 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. FMLA. Will expire at 33 weeks. 

2. My supervisor is very supportive and she said she will not post my position after my FMLA runs out.

3. Yes. I'd planned on taking at least 4 months off, but now I'm thinking maybe 10 weeks or less

4. 10 weeks(?) Still undecided. Really depends if there'll be some NICU time.

5. 25/4 and in. 

Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Not working am a SHAM

been on bed rest since April

what belly button not sure when it popped out   probably when the test turned as this is my 5th , wait did it ever go back in after the third child? I honestly don't remember 

• I've been wondering the same things! 
    you worked prior to being on bed rest:

1. how are you handling being off? Did you take a leave of absence? FMLA? or maybe quit? In order to protect my job I had to take fmla when they took me out of work. It's up in mid august and I'm not due until September. I can apply for an extension but it doesn't protect my job from being posted should my boss choose to do so. 

2. How supportive is/was your administration with your departure? Extremely supportive. 

3. Has being on bed rest changed your maternity leave plans? Yes, now I don't have a plan. I don't know how to plan since I don't know when they're coming and how much nicu time, if any, they'll need. 

4. When do you plan to return to work after delivery?  It depends on the factors listed above, and how long I can be on the extension without having my job posted. I need to have an off the record conversation with my director. I'm so glad she's a mom! 

5. And something totally unrelated, how far along are you and what is the status of your belly button; in or out? I've had 3 laparoscopic surgeries through my belly button so it isn't normal, haha. It's flat and stretched to the max! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I've been really lucky that I am able to work from home. Currently I work 32 hours a week and take the rest in vacation. I start using intermittent FMLA when I run out of vacation time. My administration has been very understanding. Not sure what I'm going to do as far as maternity leave goes. It depends on when he decides to show up/whether we have a NICU stay.

Ill be 27 weeks tomorrow an my belly button is currently in unless I sneeze and then it becomes an outie. LOL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Inn2Inn2 member

1.  I only had to miss 3 days of work because I'm a teacher and am now on summer break, luckily.  I'm handling it ok for now, tell you more after tomorrow's Dr. Appt.

2.  Very supportive, but I'm in a different situation than most.

3.  Yes.  More days without pay to budget for.

4.  I'm due (crossing fingers!) Oct. 27th and won't return until after Christmas break and then only half time.  (Sometime after first of January)

5.   22 weeks and 3 days.  In still.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • takmjstakmjs member
    image2have2hold:

If you worked prior to being on bed rest:

1. how are you handling being off? Did you take a leave of absence? FMLA? or maybe quit?

2. How supportive is/was your administration with your departure?

3. Has being on bed rest changed your maternity leave plans?

4. When do you plan to return to work after delivery?  

5. And something totally unrelated, how far along are you and what is the status of your belly button; in or out? 

I'm not currently pregnant, but this was my experience:

1.  I didn't mind being off at all, but I'm not a very active person and can be easily entertained by TV and my iPad. My job (as a teacher) is very stressful and once I had my plans/procedures sent to my long-term sub, I felt great and enjoyed the rest. My students didn't even know I was pregnant when I left (at 24 weeks), since I was barely showing.

As soon as I went on bed rest, my FMLA and short-term disability started.

2. My admin was very supportive, as were my coworkers.

3&4. Being on bed rest definitely changed my maternity leave plans. I was supposed to be on leave from march to may, which means I wasn't supposed to be back to work until school started in August. The timing was perfect, I thought! Instead, I was on bed rest starting November 28 and delivered January 8 at 30 weeks, so my medical leave (8 weeks after delivery, due to csection) ended at the beginning of march. I was supposed to go back to work 3 days (according to the 12 weeks of FMLA) after my daughter came home from the NICU, so I decided to take an extra month of unpaid leave and came back in early April.

5. Since I was very late in showing, my belly button was flattening out at 29-30 weeks. It never popped out. That's another goal for my next pregnancy, that I get far enough that it pops!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"