April 2013 Moms
Options

CAN'T figure this out!!

Ok I don't know what to do! I was dealing with an oversupply and block fed for over a week. My LO's poops were better, not green all the time and he stopped being so gassy. Now as of yesterday he back to having just green poop! I don't know what else to do to fix this! He's a very impatient baby waiting for a second let down that will contain the fattier milk. I'm at a loss here!

Re: CAN'T figure this out!!

• Options

I could be wrong, but isn't green poop within the range of normal? Do you supplement with formula at all? Are they all green or just a few times a week?

ETA: This might help?

https://kellymom.com/health/baby-health/m2m-green-stools/

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    evertzevertz member
    Green poop is nothing to be concerned about. As long as he is having plenty of wet and dirty diapers and he's gaining weight as he should then no need to stress over it. Our LO's poop is all over the map from green to yellow to brown... just depends on the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been dealing with green poop too. I called my pedi last week and they told me not to worry unless LOs stomach was hard or if she was excessively fussy. 

Easier said than done of course especially since she was always yellow but I'm doing my best to just go with it.  

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    nahwnahw member
    No he is EBF. His weight gain has been on the lower end, our dr was concerned at his 2 month appt he has dropped percentiles. We are going in at 3 months for a weight check which is a couple weeks away.
  • Options

imagenahw:
    No he is EBF. His weight gain has been on the lower end, our dr was concerned at his 2 month appt he has dropped percentiles. We are going in at 3 months for a weight check which is a couple weeks away.

I would make an appointment for a weighed feeding. Some pediatricians do this, but if not, a LC or even your local WIC office should be able to help you out. I had a similar problem with DS and it ended up being a combination of my diet (too low in fat, of all things) and frequency of feedings. I ended up needing to wake him to eat more often. Keep on block feeding though, that's always good! Whatever you do, don't let your pediatrician scare you - take it one day at a time.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• Options
    My doc says that as long as it is "earth tones' she isn't concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Legit question: is green poop a bad thing?
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options

imageJSS1002:
    My doc says that as long as it is "earth tones' she isn't concerned.

That's a good rule of thumb and easy to remember!

• Options

imageskidderdo:
    Legit question: is green poop a bad thing?

It can indicate a foremilk hindmilk inbalance, but it could also be from your diet 

Baby H #1 born in January '09 after a M/C January '08 Baby H #2 born in May '11 Baby H #3 due April 17th 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"