October 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

I have one today!

I am in MO on vacation. We are having storms go through. I am sitting up in bed [well, couch] like a little girl obsessing over radar maps. I am scared to death of storms. I kind of want to go sleep in my sister's bedroom floor.

Also, I slept in my parents' bedroom floor during storms when I was a kid. And by kid, I mean till I was 16 and we moved to Alaska.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: FFFC

• Options
    LorMorLorMor member

I am desperately sad that Mandela is dying. But I HATE the media circus that is going on around the poor guy's hospital bed. Leave him and his family in peace.

My FFFC is that as much as all the vultures upset me, I am still following live updates and feeding the frenzy. Ugh.  

• Options
    Well I never would have thought this a ffc, but apparently on here it is after yesterday's wedding post.

I've been invited to probably 20 to 25 church ceremonies throughout my life, i.e. 1 or 2pm church, gap, different location for 6pm reception.

I've gone to maybe 10 ceremonies. This is not just me. This was my parents growing up, as well. And obviously several others bc there's never a full house at the ceremony. And I've never once felt an ounce of guilt or felt I shouldn't go to the reception. And never will.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    I have been scared of storms since 4th grade when we had a tornado. I live in MO and seriously love kmov news station bc If there is any warnings within their viewing area they go into storm mode and interrupt whatever tv show is on to talk about where storm is and where it is heading. They stay on until warnings are gone.
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    imagehboo2011:
    Well I never would have thought this a ffc, but apparently on here it is after yesterday's wedding post.

I've been invited to probably 20 to 25 church ceremonies throughout my life, i.e. 1 or 2pm church, gap, different location for 6pm will.

I just commented on that post. It is standard to have early ceremony late reception. We rent limos and go to get pictures done and party in limo. Both sides of our family provided a house for our guests to go to for the in between which was nice but I would not expect that at another wedding. I have actually never been to a wedding where the ceremony was directly followed by reception .
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    imagembm1983:
    Maybe standard for you nealb. I have been to more weddings with the reception right after. Like i said it all depends on what is natural for your circle of friends or family.

Stupid mobile and fast typing while bfing. I meant to type that it was standard in my area. I was not trying to say it is a world wide standard!
  • Options
    When Elijah woke up for the fourth time at 3am this morning and my husbands Cat was running up and down the hallway turning the light on and off, I told my husband to throw the cat outside. Why is this flameful? A) the cat is declawed and has never been outside. B) It was pouring rain and C) We live on a very busy road. In my defense I didn't mean it. And no my husband did not throw the cat outside.
  • Options

imageSarahW44:
    When Elijah woke up for the fourth time at 3am this morning and my husbands Cat was running up and down the hallway turning the light on and off, I told my husband to throw the cat outside. Why is this flameful? A) the cat is declawed and has never been outside. B) It was pouring rain and C) We live on a very busy road. In my defense I didn't mean it. And no my husband did not throw the cat outside.

The cat can turn the lights on and off? 

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    There was 2 other babies born in my family within a year of Alice. My kid is absolutely the cutest of the group.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    RayT1RayT1 member
    imagewonknessmonster:

1. If it weren't for Baby Mum Mums I'd never get anything done. They should be renamed "Buy Mommy Time Cookies".

Oh agreed!  Now that Roman walks around furniture I make a trail of cheerios for him to follow on the couches/coffee table... it always buys me time to do the dishwasher or laundry.  

Mine: Fully aware, I drove around with an expired drivers license for a month...it's all good now!

and... I'm obsessed with lavender, have been for years...like I'm talking lavender tea, spices, lemonade, baking, shampoo, body wash, the color, my wedding flowers/ bouquets, home made soaps, ...only the real thing though, not the air freshener smell. 

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• Options
    imagewonknessmonster:

2. I've been listening to the new Kanye West album pretty much constantly in the car with LO since it came out. It's sexist and profane. I need to stop it before her first word is 'biitch' or 'deeze nuts'

LOL!  I guess my FFFC is that I would be pretty amused if my baby's first words were "deeze nuts."

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

imagemmnumber5:
    I turned off the baby monitor the other night k had been up all night. He was fed changed and I had done everything in my power to get him to bed he fell asleep finally.

I think I have been sleeping through some of DD wakes ups at night. Like... last night, I am pretty sure she was making noise and I thought I'd just get up in a couple minutes but I fell back to sleep. So hopefully she wasn't up for too long. And DH is no help with waking up, he sleeps like a rock. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Options

imageThisIsBrea:
    I have one! I have one! I had a female make out buddy in law school. We never had sex [which I sometimes regret] but we made out all the time for a couple of months. It was during this time I realized [obviously] I have some bisexual tendencies. Not sure if hubby knows, but it was definitely not a secret and the law school was a small one full of gossip, so he probably does. Either way, how's that for a confession? ETA: Stupid mobile ate my parentheses.

Sorry if this is stupid, but did you and your hubby go to the same law school? 

• Options
    LorMorLorMor member

imageBeaF12:
    First one for me. DS1 has severe apraxia which means he is currently nonverbal. I had a stressful afternoon/evening w/ all 3 kids and we all did a lot of yelling. DH and I took the kids to the barber shop for haircuts and DS1 was having a tough time waiting. DH offered to walk home w/ him so I could have a break. I chose to walk him home b/c since he's nonverbal, it was the most peace I had all day. I desperately want him to talk, but sometimes enjoy the peace and quiet.

Sounds like a difficult day. I don't think it's flame worthy if you take what ever chances of quiet you can.

I'm sorry to hear about his apraxia.  

• Options
    hs10hs10 member
    After 2 days of being home with N who has croup and is absolutely miserable I was excited to go back to work so I could relax. My mom was with her for the last 2 days and then I stayed home today.
  • Options

imageThisIsBrea:
    I just put my kid's high chair tray on the floor for my dog to lick clean. I'll wash it before we use it again...but it's so much easier to clean once the dog has a go at it.

Ugh, I do this with all of our dishes.  MIL would be absolutely disgusted if she ever saw it.

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    Mine... DH requested his favorite dinner tonight.  R has been super cooperative and I have no excuse for why I haven't started making it, aside from that I've been busy bumping.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    I'm wearing a maternity tank top today -  not pregnant, just think it looks good and helps hide the stomach I still have after having DS...bouncing back from the second baby is super hard - now where is my cupcake?
    DD - 7/15/09 DS - 10/21/12
  • Options
    imageThisIsBrea:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:

imageThisIsBrea:
    I have one! I have one! I had a female make out buddy in law school. We never had sex [which I sometimes regret] but we made out all the time for a couple of months. It was during this time I realized [obviously] I have some bisexual tendencies. Not sure if hubby knows, but it was definitely not a secret and the law school was a small one full of gossip, so he probably does. Either way, how's that for a confession? ETA: Stupid mobile ate my parentheses.

Sorry if this is stupid, but did you and your hubby go to the same law school? 

Yep, it's where we met. We graduated together.

Aw, that's cool. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"