Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

4th of july fireworks?

What are your plans for the 4th? Are you concerned that the load noise of the fireworks will scare your baby? We are planing on going to see a firework show with our little who will be 6 months 1 week. Im just worried he'll freak out. What do you all think? 

Re: 4th of july fireworks?

• Options
    We are planning to go, and based on her reaction to the thunderstorms we've had (she didn't react- she kept on doing whatever she was doing whether it be sleeping or playing) I think she'll be fine. She will most likely be asleep during the fireworks, seeing as she usually naps from around 8 to 10 and we'll have to drive 15-20 mins to get to any nearby fireworks display (the car makes her sleep, most of the time). I think you'll be fine.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    DS was 8 months old last summer, and we didn't even bother. Fireworks start well after his bedtime, and it isn't worth the headache.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will watch them from our house...they are four blocks away at one of our local campgrounds. So the bang shouldn't be too loud...however I'm 100% sure DS won't be awake for them. He goes to bed religiously between 7 and 8pm and I have no need to keep him awake (making him cranky) to watch something he doesn't understand quite yet. I'm assuming once he hits two or three he'll be interested. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I think we are skipping them this year. DS goes to bed pretty early and doesn't do too well with staying out way past his bedtime.

• Options
    zmosszmoss member
    I'm not planning o taking LO only cause he usually goes down around 8pm and I am sure its not going to be dark enough for Fireworks until around 9-10pm. We will be in NE visiting my IL's so that;s the plan but we will see.
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Options
    We will be up north at DHs families cabin on a lake. We stay a night it two and they do them on an island right by us. Usually we all go out on the boat to watch. I plan on staying back with dd while DS goes with everyone else on the boat. That way she can sleep if she can through the noise. I can always go out and sit on the boat dock to watch.
    DS was only scared the year he was two. Every other year he's been fine.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Our city park has an annual BBQ and fireworks display @ 10 pm. Connor is in bed at 8 and it's a week night so we probably won't be there that long. We might go in the evening to hang out but come home and watch from our back porch after he is asleep. I do have a super cute red white and blue jumper type outfit with a matching hat for him though.Big Smile

imageimage

• Options
    I want to take G even though they start after her bed time.
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, we are going. I have 2 SDs and we have some July 4th traditions. He will probably fall asleep on me anyways.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DD1 fell asleep during a local fireworks show. Didn't notice them one bit. But she was also really tired from crawling around all day and playing.

He might freak out, he might not. This will be DD1's 3rd fourth and she has never been scared, so I am not too worried. And if DD2 is, we'll just go inside or I'll put her to sleep somewhere.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    Where we live there are fireworks every night at 10 pm (live near kings island) and dd sleeps through it every night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, my DD did fine with them when she was an infant. She passed out on me. I'm assuming little man will do the same.

imageimage
  • Options
    We've brought DS to fireworks twice already this summer and he loves them! He sits in our lap and laughs and grins when they go off :)

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"