Natural Birth
Options

Pain like period pain pls help

Hi mums and mums to be! I'm posting this here because some of you may have had similar symptoms or have had pregnancy before to know how it feels..
So I'm only 24weeks and this week I started feeling full very mild back pain and craps in legs Ofcourse lol...but I have noticed this week my lower abdominal area just over my female part has started bring in kind of mild pain like annoying mild period pain not the knife stabbing period pain I use to have but more always hanging for minutes or hours a day...now could it be cause my uterus and beby are enlarging so I feel this?! similar pain I felt around 23monthd of bring pregnant and back than my dr said its normal Iam just growing that is my uterus is...could it be something else? Should I stress over it?

Re: Pain like period pain pls help

• Options
    Sorry mispelling on the end ...I felt similar pain at 2 to 3months around my 10th week of pregnancy and dr said ....
  • Options
    If I remember correctly around 22 weeks I had a weird pain just below my hip bone down low. It was like a cramping pain that would last for a few hours, then go away for awhile, and come back.  It lasted for a couple of weeks.  I asked my OB about it and she said aches, pains, and cramps, are normal with pregnancy.  I think what you are experiencing is normal.  Like you mentioned it is probably just your uterus growing.  You can always call your doctor and talk to them about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member
    So long as it's not intense pain and it's not in a repetitive pattern, I'd assume it's regular aches and pains. If it comes and goes in any sort of a pattern at all, I'd call your doc and make sure it's not pre term labor. Because that's the description I'd give of early contractions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    April!April! member

imageAmyRI:
    So long as it's not intense pain and it's not in a repetitive pattern, I'd assume it's regular aches and pains. If it comes and goes in any sort of a pattern at all, I'd call your doc and make sure it's not pre term labor. Because that's the description I'd give of early contractions.

This is exactly what my midwives said. I had a lot of menstrual type cramps starting around 25 weeks. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"