Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Feel like I was lied to

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Feel like I was lied to

• Options
    INJSrbINJSrb member
    I am so very sorry for your loss.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I have learned that ER doctors know very little about pregnancy and miscarriage.  During my second miscarriage in march, I had an ER doctor tell me I was "only 2 weeks pregnant and they don't usually see anything on an ultrasound until 5 weeks". (I was 5 weeks). I immediately discredited everything that was said...including that she had never seen an hcg level as low as mine (5- which is not pregnant). I am so very sorry.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry hun. I was on vacation when i had my mc too... ER Dr.s are idiots, sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options

I'm so sorry :(.

ERs are almost completely worthless when it comes to pregnancy.  They diagnose almost everything as "threatened miscarriage" and aren't familiar with early pregnancy ultrasounds, dating, etc. 

After several pregnancies and losses I will never go to an ER again unless I am hemorrhaging and need support for that.  As hard as it is, I wait for my OB to see me because even though it might take longer to get answers, at least they are accurate.

I'm sorry that happened to you on vacation.  I'm sorry for your loss :(.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and the misleading information from the ER doctor. I haven't miscarried yet but am waiting for it to happen naturally. I feel your pain. I went for my first ultrasound Monday and the ultrasound tech didn't voice any concerns, we saw a heartbeat and got a CD of the ultrasound. Tuesday I went to ER for severe vomiting and dehydration. There was no heartbeat and the sac the baby is in was irregular. Why wouldn't the tech or dr have told us that something wasn't right? I feel your pain on having to tell family members the news. Stay strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"