September 2012 Moms

Can I have pity party for a moment?

Mobile title: can I have a pity party for a moment?

I had to have shoulder surgery done to repair cartilage separating from the bone and a torn tendon from an injury 8 years ago this morning. I have a lovely nerve blocker which is basically an epidural for my shoulder for a couple days, but I can't pick DS up right now. DS keeps looking at me and reaching up for me to pick him up and it's breaking my heart right now. I also can't hold him because he keeps reaching for the wire, so as good as I'm feeling with the meds I want to hold my baby.
 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I have pity party for a moment?

• I'm sorry, I know what u mean! I had to have hernia surgery and couldn't carry DS for weeks, I cheated bc it was supposed to be 6 weeks. U will heal and before u know it ull be holding ur baby. Hoping for speedy recovery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boo. That sucks. 

But you will recover quicker if you stick to "Dr.'s orders" and will be snuggling LO in no time. 

• Loading the player...
  • That stinks! I hope you have a speedy recovery and can lift LO soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks all! I covered all my stuff in a blanket and DH sat DS on my lap for a minute before bed so I could give him his good night kiss.
  • Aw, that's the worst!  I hope you heal up quickly.  I know I cheated after my gallbladder surgery with DD, but she wasn't old enough to reach for me, and my recovery was easier than a shoulder surgery.  T&P for a quick recovery!
  • I'm sorry. That sucks. I hope you heal quickly. Maybe you could lie next to him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageL8kissie:
    I'm sorry. That sucks. I hope you heal quickly. Maybe you could lie next to him.

I can't even lay down right now. They gave me the equivalent of a shoulder epidural which numbs the chest muscles on that side as well making it hard to breath and almost impossible to breath lying down. However, he will sit next to me on the coach and watch the news.
  • imagewatercolor5:
    Aw, that's the worst!nbsp; I hope you heal up quickly.nbsp; I know I cheated after my gallbladder surgery with DD, but she wasn't old enough to reach for me, and my recovery was easier than a shoulder surgery.nbsp; Tamp;P for a quick recovery!

I did the same in January when I had my gall bladder removed, but it was more out of necessity than "cheating". Thanks for the TPs! DH needs them too for this weekend, he is on his own!
  • aww, how sad! I hope you feel better & are back to snuggling your baby soon!

• That's the worst. I couldn't really carry E for the first five weeks and it was really hard. I can't imagine now as he needs to be chased and wrangled and snuggled.

I hope it passes quickly.

• miss50miss50 member

aw...this breaks my heart ... 

fast recovery so you can get all those hugs and snuggles again. 

• Aww, hope you have a speedy recovery and can hold him soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"