LGBT Parenting

TTC Checkin!!!

Good morning folks!!!

Give us your TTC updates!!!

QOTD: do you have a ritual or routine for after your IUI, IVF or ICI? Do you veg out? Go to dinner/lunch? Business as usual? Take a rest?

Have a great day all!!!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: TTC Checkin!!!

• I am at the WAITING FOR MY DANG BLOOD TEST portion. I took it on Friday and the results still aren't at my Dr.'s office as of 4 minutes ago. I swear they are working on driving me crazy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• KH826KH826 member

Today is 4dpiui for me. IUI #4...

Feeling a bit tired and cranky today. I didn't sleep well last night. TTC is starting to wear on me a little I think. Right now I am feeling a little bit numb and not really feeling the excitement I have in previous TWWs... I keep having to remind myself that I am even in the TWW at all. It is a little weird, but not in a "man, time is flying by and I am so busy and happy that I keep forgetting I am in the wait" sort of way... more of a a "here we go again... better not get too excited..." kind of way.

Sorry to be a downer today. I am going to try to will myself to cheer up!

QOTD: We have a few little rituals/routines for IUIs. In the AM before we leave for the RE's office, we always take a few photos, and hopefully one of these days those photos will be the first in the belly progression series (last non-pregnant photo!) and will be used for a babybook... after the IUI, I always work from home that day, so that I can lay on the couch and "relax" with my laptop, instead of being in the office running from meeting to meeting. Also, there is a really yummy sandwich that I got from a local sandwich shop the night after my first IUI, and now we call it my "IUI sandwich" and we get dinner from there and I get the same sandwich the night of each IUI. It involved turkey and american and parmesan cheese and roasted red peppers and it is amazing and probably a million calories. HAHA

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello everybody!

SO... this cycle is our fourth cycle of trying (post mc) and we found out Sunday morning that we got a BFP!

Hopefully this time we get our take-home baby but I just wanted to say good luck to everyone TTC, and hopefully everyone gets their BFP VERY soon :)

My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• We are basking in love and community in this first week back to the full grind after our love party and then our trip to Montreal.
    We haven't made any progress in deciding our next steps for the TTC process. It will be IVF but we don't know when. Earliest would probably be September. We might decide we need to save more before then.

QOTD: we didn't have any for IUIs other than that I would sing to Amanda's uterus and tubes to encourage the sperm and egg and hopefully embryo.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • AF has arrived,a welcomed site after my miscarriage. Now its back to tracking my ovulation so I'm ready for my next IUI which will likely be in early Aug!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our first appointment with a RE on July 8. I'm not really anxious about it yet. I have been reading a lot of posts on the board which has given me a good idea of what to expect. I try to explain as much to C as I can but she doesn't really understand it all. She lists wants a baby as soon as we can have one...which I know we all want.

I began using the OPKs again this month and it seems like I either didn't O or else I missed it. I test twice a day...morning and before bed. Last time I tracked, I got a positive on CD14. I'm on CD18 now and nothing so far. I was taking BC for possible endometriosis and I just stopped with this last cycle. That could be a mitigating factor I suppose.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Nice to read all your updates! FX for those of you in the TWW! Healz/Manada, excited for your IVF. YBNormal - yay for AF! I've never been so happy to see her than after my loss :).

Well FINALLY good news from me! I added the July badge and appear to be on track for my July 18th FET!!

In the past week, we learned that our egg donor's genetics were clear, my mega-sized ovary was actually about the same size a year ago (!), and I don't have any kidney stones. The only open item is the blood clotting test we did and even if that has a positive result (unlikely) it would be something to manage during pregnancy and not a blocker. I'm still having some unexplained pain in my right hip/groin, but I'm off advil and it's tolerable.

So - I got the AF to end all AF's yesterday after a month of estrogen to build up a thick lining as a preventative measure after my adhesion removal. I'm on Day 6 of Lupron and my suppression check is on Thursday. After that, I'll start estrogen patches and have blood draws and/or u/s lining checks on the next 3 Fridays starting July 5th. I start progesterone and antibiotics 5 days before transfer. Then FET is planned for 7/18!

I'm trying to balance being excited with my natural hesitation/fears after a loss - but no good in being scared and worried all the time so I'm using some mindless tools of distraction (re: Candy Crush Saga, The New Yorker, Arrested Development...) to just get me out of my head when I start down a rat hole.

Aside - when we lost Babykins, I planted a rose bush for him, and also ordered one to plant for this next baby - and the new baby's rose bush has a lovely bud about to bloom! I am taking it as a good omen!

QOTW: No ritual really - we  were very lucky in that my RE did good testing and we never tried IUI since both my tubes were swollen shut. Our first IVF worked - so I think for this one, my only plan is to not change anything! Other than not doing any core muscle exercises the day of transfer, my doc had no restrictions. My only hurdle "to do" is getting back off caffeine. Sad panda. :(

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Hello all!

Sorry I've been so MIA lately! 

I am excited to be back into the TWW...well almost. We have scheduled our 5th IUI today at 3:30 (so about an hour and 1/2). We are hopeful but trying to not be too excited...

We don't really have any big rituals. We also do a lot of talking and singing to the "maybe baby". We usually give each IUI/baby try a name but have decided to hold off this time...we took last BFN pretty hard. We always enjoy a meal after the IUI and spend time relaxing and cuddling with each other. C wasn't able to be at the last IUI so I am so glad that C can come to this one. FX for everyone in their TWW !

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

• Still in the pre-TTC journey, tracking my cycle and figuring out when I ovulated (I posted a longer message earlier).  We also worked out our finances and we're really tight after buying our house, moving and renovations. Without knowing if the upstairs flat will make money as a vacation rental we're stuck with a tight budget for now.

Meaning we may only be able to fly our donor out 1x, and not fly me back to California the month thereafter.  I'm trying to revise the budget (and cut some of the re-modeling expenses) to make room for at least 2x TTC before Spring of 2014 when we're back in the States.  Sigh... Still planning on trying for the August cycle.

QOTD:  I didn't have rituals last time, I was so superstitious I never wanted to do the same thing twice. In general I relaxed and tried to take it easy.  The two times I got pregnant I had had Reiki done. Not sure if that's a co-incidence or not  Wink

• Had my first appointment with a different RE this afternoon and I liked her SO much better than the first one. K couldn't come with me, so I was solo. She was very sweet and all for trying an unmedicated cycle first (pending a HSG and blood work) which made me happy. So now I wait until next month where we can do the HSG and blood work then maybe our first cycle in August! In a much better mood than I was a week ago! 

FX for all the TWWs and sending positive baby vibes to everyone else!  

M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

• I asked my doctor if he'd be willing to do an ultrasound and trigger shot for my first IUI.  DP and I already decided that if he won't do it then we'll wait until our RE appointment in mid-July and go from there.  I really hope he does... having an IUI in July would be optimal for me because it's one of the least stressful times at my job (whereas August is on par with April, which is just plain chaotic). 

When I do have my first IUI, I plan to take the rest of the day off and relax, and have a nice nutrient-rich dinner of salmon, brown rice, lots of veggies, and pineapple for dessert (I read somewhere that pineapple helps your uterine lining).

Good luck and baby dust to all!

• I updated about my D&C on the thread 2Mamaz started, but I thought posting here might make me feel like I'm back in the game.  I kind of missed you TTC ladies but I wasn't really looking to come back!  Oh well.

So, D&C is done.  I have a midwife appointment in 2w to make sure my ute is back to normal.  The OB also said some of the test results on the pregnancy tissue would be back by then (not the DNA stuff, which should take 3-4 weeks).  Tomorrow I have an appointment with my PCP to check on my sore hip so I can hopefully get back to exercise as soon as I'm cleared to do so.  Thursday I have an appointment with the psychiatrist and have to discuss whether I need to go off Prozac due to my recurrent losses (she originally told me there are some studies showing a slight increase in mc for women on Prozac, but that it wouldn't concern her unless I'd had multiple losses.  Well, now I have).  The idea of moving forward through possible BFNs, possible additional miscarriages and possible bad genetic results without Prozac is terrifying to me -- even moving forward though a healthy pregnancy is scary, because I'm high risk for prenatal and post-partum depression -- but I'm looking into alternative methods of keeping my spirits as high as possible (mind body programs, exercise, yoga, getting a new cat, lots of time with friends and my wife).  And I'd rather be depressed than have more miscarriages.

QOTD: We didn't have an IUI routine, but we happened to go out for burgers and milkshakes after my first embryo transfer and I got a BFP, so we did it again for Tater's transfer.  Another BFP, but also another miscarriage, so I'm wondering if I need to switch it up next time.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageball.and.chain:

I updated about my D&C on the thread 2Mamaz started, but I thought posting here might make me feel like I'm back in the game.  I kind of missed you TTC ladies but I wasn't really looking to come back!  Oh well.

I am so sad for you and your DW but will enjoy having you back with the TTC crowd...here's hoping you won't be here for long! 

C began IUI's

• Ball.and.chain welcome back to TTC - I love that you are such a positive and forward-thinking person. Smile  I have used Acupuncture a lot and have really come to appreciate how effective it is. It might be beneficial for depression as well.
  • Hello all! I just entered my tww. I had my IUI yesterday. I was told "you have beautiful cervical mucus" wife and I laughed. The first time I have ever heard that hahaha. But the process went great! Usually I experience lots of discomfort first IUI I had a polyp that was nicked (didnt notice it before) so it hurt really bad. Second IUI I was so nervous because the first one hurt there was still some discomfort (I wonder if I should have just taken a cycle off after the polyp removal) this time it went great! No mAjor discomfort. I had one follie that measured at a big 29 I asked if I should be concerned re said clomid will make larger follies and it isn't big enough to raise a concern. So fingers crossed.

Now the tww this is hard. Last cycle I started testing 10dpiui af started 13dpiui so I am going to try hard to wait for missed af. 

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• I'm late to post, but here is my update

I am seeing an acupuncturist and chiropractor to help get my herniated disc better. They are also both focused on being successful at getting pregnant, so we are hopeful that when we actively start trying, we will have success. I did an OPK yesterday (CD 11) and it was positive. I'm still skeptical that I am actually ovulating because of the PCOS, but I am hopeful. At least I am getting positive tests!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"