Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just yesterday...

Just yesterday morning I found myself in my worst nightmare... I had my 12 week appt with my Dr. and she was unable to find the baby's heartbeat. I initially was nervous, because I have feared miscarriage due to my good friend just experiencing a mc. Dr. told me my bloodwork and everything else looked perfect, and I was sent to get an u/s to be safe. Of course, they didn't show me the screen, so my husband and I sat there in silence.  I asked the tech to print me a picture if she got a good one, and she just said, "Okay."  After she left the room, I noticed there were no photos in the printer and we were walked over to the office, where another Dr. came in to explain the results... I felt like it wasn't real. It was like an out of body experience. I wasn't even there in full consciousness. This was our first baby, and at just 6.5 weeks we saw our precious angel and it had a strong heartbeat... 

Tomorrow, I will go in for a d&c. We really just want to move on and forward.  Both of our fathers have passed away, and my father has 2 grandkids here on earth... guess he needed one up There with him. Now we are just praying this is over soon so we can try for a precious Rainbow Baby...

Nervous about tomorrow, because I haven't had a procedure like this before. Prayers to all of you who are experiencing or have experienced this as well...  

Re: Just yesterday...

• I'm so very sorry for your loss :( my heart aches when I read your experience.  My husband and I were also expecting our first, and on cloud 9!!  We were so excited.  Strong heartbeat at our 6 week appointment, and no signs at all of a pregnancy in trouble or a mc on the way.  Then at our 9 week appointment we got the bad news that our little one had stopped growing at 7 weeks and there was no longer a heartbeat.  We were shocked, and heart broken.  We got that news June 3rd, and I had my D&C on the 19th, last Wednesday.  The physical part of the procedure was not bad at all, but the emotional healing is a whole other journey.  I'm so glad you have found this board, it's full of supportive women.  GL tomorrow, I'll be praying for you and your husband both.  ((Hugs))

Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • joyVi, Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. It feels good to know  am not alone. First, let me say I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope that you and your husband are blessed with a healthy baby soon. I definitely have tried to not turn bitter or angry toward God, as it can seem easy to do so. BOth of our fathers have passed away, and my father has 2 grandchildren here on earth that he's never met... I guess he needed one up there with him. I heard one of his favorite songs playing while I was waiting for that u/s yesterday... I think I knew then that he had our LO safe and sound up There. 

Thank you for your T&P going into tomorrow. My husband and I are definitely looking ahead and trying to move forward. Again, thank you for your comments, it really helps...  

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you, Carlsonbaby2014. I am sorry to hear about your experience as well. It is comforting to hear that you had a positive experience physically with your procedure. I hope to have the same, as the emotional toll will be quite enough... We found out at 12w that we lost our LO at 9w. I can't believe that my body hasn't noticed, but now I just want to move forward. 

Praying for you and your husband in your time of healing and prayers for a healthy baby when you ttc again. 

• imageKelsey213:

Thank you, Carlsonbaby2014. I am sorry to hear about your experience as well. It is comforting to hear that you had a positive experience physically with your procedure. I hope to have the same, as the emotional toll will be quite enough... We found out at 12w that we lost our LO at 9w. I can't believe that my body hasn't noticed, but now I just want to move forward. 

Praying for you and your husband in your time of healing and prayers for a healthy baby when you ttc again. 

Thank you - I hope, if you feel comfortable with it, you let us know how it goes tomorrow.  If you have any questions about the procedure, or what to expect before and after, feel free to ask - we're here for you :).  Praying for very healthy, happy, future pregnancies for all of us soon!

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Saying a prayer for you!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost my grandfather in November and he adored babies. It helps me to know that my baby is with him.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • INJSrbINJSrb member

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My experience is very similar to yours and I'm having a D&E today too.  TP for a safe and easy procedure.  Let us know how you are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageINJSrb:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My experience is very similar to yours and I'm having a D&E today too.  TP for a safe and easy procedure.  Let us know how you are.

Will be thinking of you today, too INJSrb. ((Hugs))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"