Multiples

Preemie Growth Spurts

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone who had their twins early has experienced what I am going through and could shed some light. My twins were born at 33 weeks on May 2, their due date (actual) was June 16. At the beginning of this week they have been so fussy and wanting food non-stop, I am assuming its a growth spurt, my question; do preemies follow growth spurts based on actual age or corrected age?

Re: Preemie Growth Spurts

• Mine were born at 34 weeks and have always hit growth spurts based on their corrected age.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Preemies can be all over the place with growth spurts. Mine never seem to follow any norm, actual or adjusted.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMissa_g:
    Preemies can be all over the place with growth spurts. Mine never seem to follow any norm, actual or adjusted.

^^This.  Mine were born at 33w6d and were all over the place. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't remember growth spurts, but I do remember mine really "waking up" when they hit their due date and everything getting a little harder. (they were also born at 33 weeks.)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imageturtle_1278:

imageMissa_g:
    Preemies can be all over the place with growth spurts. Mine never seem to follow any norm, actual or adjusted.

^^This.  Mine were born at 33w6d and were all over the place. 

All of this, down to the 33w6d! They have all kinds of crazy spurts.

TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• mine were 4 weeks early and they pretty much follow the adjusted age for everything including milestones. they were also pretty sleepy until the 39ish week point, which would have been full term.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Mine were a month early.  They used to have growth spurts at the same time.  I think DS is going through one right now.  Randomly he started waking up at 3:30 hungry.  They have been STTN for 4 months now so this is a bit of a regression that I am not enjoying.  lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"