November 2012 Moms
Options

just got in a fight with mom (vent)

My mom is here for the month helping us out with LO and she's been great but today I said something I shouldnt have and she just left.  

She has been diagnosed with fribromyalgia and has tried everything.  The only thing that helps her with pain is Ultram, which is a controlled substance.  I know it makes her groggy but she seems to function well on it otherwise.

She was supposed to watch the baby today to let me go into the office and I was writing down the feeding instructions and said, "please follow these b/c with the Ultram I dont know what you do."

It was mean and I feel bad. I do trust her but I wish she would try some homeopathic routes instead of heavy drugs

I should apologize.   

Re: just got in a fight with mom (vent)

• Options

Sorry to hear this! Not sure how your mom feels about changing her diet, but you can check out this article for her.  Diet can help heal so many things. 

https://www.livestrong.com/article/413392-fibromyalgia-healing-diet/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks!  that was another part of our fight, she is sick of me telling her to change her diet, she said, "you're not an MD" and all I have been telling her is to try it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageapegg23:

Sorry to hear this! Not sure how your mom feels about changing her diet, but you can check out this article for her.  Diet can help heal so many things. 

https://www.livestrong.com/article/413392-fibromyalgia-healing-diet/

I was going to suggest a diet change as well.  Sorry about your fight.  I'm sure she's fine with LO, but it would make me uneasy as well.

• Options

Actually most MD's have no idea about nutrition. They at most take a class or two on it. If it makes a difference I'm a holistic health coach who has attended the countries largest nutrition school.

Maybe offer to try it out with her? 

• Options
    :( Hope you get things worked out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry that happened. You should apologize with trying to justify what you said. Odds are you probably lack the credentials to give her medical advice. It can't be an easy thing for her to go through.

We've all said things we shouldn't have, so I'm sympathetic. But you should say you're sorry. f you aren't comfortable with her watching LO, just find someone else.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    blah blah blah, ignore me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"