Special Needs
Options

EI psychologist eval

Hi,

We have our eval tomorrow as part of the transition to the school district. For people that have experience with this, what all does this entail? Also, after the eval, did they give you any insight or did you have to wait weeks for the results? Thank you!

Re: EI psychologist eval

• Options
    Thanks! Not sure if it makes a difference but its actually through the regional center. We have to do the district evals this summer.

What they told me is the purpose of this eval is to determine continuing services through regional past the age of 3.
  • Options
    I just completed my son's eval.  It was a long process, 5 visits total.  First one was just a sit down and talk about him.  Next one was a visit with the ST,OT and teacher.  The third was eval by psychologist. Fourth was a review of all the evals. Fifth was a sort of meet the teacher, etc.  All of this happened over 2-3 months.  Right after psych eval it was like 2 weeks.  They review all of the evals and then sit down with you and go over all the results as to what each evaluator found and what the scores meant.  It was very helpful and I felt like it was very thorough too.  He was accepted and is starting school district preschool in August.  So excited.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, 5 visits! We did the one through regional yesterday and it was only an hour. That was just a basic "iq" test and some questionnaires. I'm assuming it will be more involved once we get to the district. I can't believe you are already accepted for August, we are supposed to start in Sept and haven't even scheduled anything yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"