February 2013 Moms
Options

Stuck inside

So it has been on and off severe storms since Monday, with no end in sight, so we haven't really been outside of the house in DAYS.  The kids are driving me crazy.  E is so bored and tired of rotating between his bouncy chair, the swing, the floor, my arms, etc.  He has been fussing almost constantly all morning and I know it's because he is so bored. To make matters worse, DD6 is just as house crazy as I am, and she is making me bonkers.  She has asked 8 times already if she can play on the computer (she has my old, broken laptop, and we've set her up with access to learning websites like PBS Kids, and Disney JR, etc.).  While I said yes the first 7 times, I said no this time, since she obviously isn't listening!

Even worse, we are leaving on Tuesday to travel to my brother's wedding.  It is forcasted to rain the entire drive.  We'll be stuck in the truck.  And the A/C just pooped out on us last week.  1100 miles.  EACH. WAY.  Not sound like fun any more.

Top that off with I've reeeeallly been struggling with jealousy.  DH and I never had a "real" wedding.  I never wore a wedding dress, never had a reception, and never got to have the wedding I planned.  While I am genuinely happy for Brother and SIL, I'm having a difficult time with the green-eyed monster and seeing how excited and happy everyone is for THEM, and knowing that I never had that, and probably never will.  When DH and I got married, we always said that we would do the "real" wedding on that mythical "someday" in the future.  But the more time that goes by, the more unlikely it becomes that it will ever happen.

Okay, so now that that confession is out in the open, I feel no better.  <sigh>

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Stuck inside

• Options

I hear you on being stuck inside. It's been over 100 degrees here for something like 45 days straight. It's supposed to be around 113 this weekend. Yay. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"