Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question from 2nd Tri - swaddles

Hey ladies -

Lurker from 2nd Tri/November BMB, and hope you don't mind me asking a question. I'm putting together my registry, and I'm trying to figure out swaddles. What ones have you used so far and what did you like about them? I have Woombies on there, but know there are so many more kinds - SwaddleMe sacks, Halo sleep swaddle sacks, etc. I am so clueless. Thanks!

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Question from 2nd Tri - swaddles

• Options
    I've used the Halo sleep swaddle sacks with DD & DS, in both cotton and fleece.  Love them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would put some muslin swaddling blankets on there. I have some organic bamboo muslin swaddling blankies that I just love.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bought SwaddleMe's and they are awesome. Our hospital had Halo Swaddle Sacks, and we used those while we were there. LOVE THEM! They have a zipper that zips from the top down to the bottom, so for middle of the night diaper changes, I just unzip enough to change his diaper, then go about my business. I love them so much, I haven't used my SwaddleMe's at all.
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We use Halo and Swaddle Me.  The Halo is nice because you can change the diaper without taking it off.  It also runs quite a bit bigger than the Swaddle Me.  My LO is not even 10# and has outgrown the newborn size, but the newborn size Halo is still going to fit her for quite awhile.  This wasn't ideal, though, when she was a 5# newborn.  Just something to think about.

ETA: Also think about what baby will be wearing to bed under the sleep sack and consider whether you want to buy cotton vs. fleece.  If you're dressing LO in fleece sleepers, that might be too much with a fleece swaddle.  I was reading a discussion about this earlier on my BMB... a lot of our babies are sleeping in a onesie and a cotton swaddle, and the sleepers aren't being used.  In winter, I think I would want a cotton sleeper/fleece swaddle or a light swaddle with heavier jammies.

• Options
    SwaddleMe was good, but woombies are great coz there is no escaping!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I had a couple sleep sacks we were gifted, but rarely used them. For me it was so much easier to wrap the baby up in receiving blankets. I also had bigger babies who outgrew the newborn sizes really fast, so big blankets were much more practical for me anyway.

Go ahead and register for what looks good, but I would recommend only putting a couple on there, then waiting to see what works for you. Or, if you do get a lot, only open a couple and hold off on washing the rest in case you want to return.
  • Options
    I love the swaddleme by summer infant definitely in cotton and not fleece, although maybe in November if you don't heat your house too much, fleece would work. I love the halo sack as well, but it does run large and I can't get the arms as secure as the swaddle me.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Options

imageMrsMMalone:
    I love the swaddleme by summer infant definitely in cotton and not fleece, although maybe in November if you don't heat your house too much, fleece would work. I love the halo sack as well, but it does run large and I can't get the arms as secure as the swaddle me.

Exactly this. 

• Options

It does get cold here in the winter, but I've been told by a Mom friend that the fleece ones aren't that great b/c they don't breathe like cotton. She found her baby was sorta sweaty and hot with them them, so instead she used a cotton onesie and a cotton swaddle. Baby was warm enough since the heat was on in the house, but not sweaty hot. 

I'm going to just put a SwaddleMe in the small/medium size and a Halo swaddle sack in small on there. The SwaddleMe is small enough to be used in the beginning and then we could transition to the Halo since they are bigger. If they work and baby likes them, we can get a bigger size for later. If not, at least we tried!

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated! 

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Halo sleep sacks are my favorite!  I found some at a consignment shop and the ticker ones, I like better, as the summer ones are a little wide for my LO (the wrap is longer, so harder to get a good swaddle)  Only brand I will use!

• Options
    the woombie is the best so far
  • Options

imagedconsolatti:
    I've used the Halo sleep swaddle sacks with DD & DS, in both cotton and fleece.  Love them!

This.  I also registered at Target for the Aiden and Anais or whatever they are called muslin wraps.  I dind't really use them though, but that is because I'm a bad swaddler. ;-) 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I like the SwaddlePod and Woombie. They both zip up and are harder for the baby to break out of.
  • Options
    I love the Woombie and SwaddleMe.
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"