Special Needs
Options

Brag Day Wednesday!

Post those brags!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday!

• Options

Aside from my brag from yesterday -

DD wouldn' let me read her a bed time story last night. Instead she "read" to me. I caught it on video. She's babbling while running her finger over the words and turning pages in her book. My grinch heart grew 3 times bigger in the last 2 days.

• Options

We went to the library last week, DD1 picked out some books, and she read one of them entirely by herself! 

I can see how much it is building her confidence to have something that she is good at, and knows she's good at. Of course, then we have to deal with things like, "I'm the smartest five-year-old in the WHOLE WORLD," and trying to get her to dial that back to a reasonable level. :)

She's been asking a slew of very abstract questions lately, which is awesome. Why does it take so long to grow up? Why do we grow up? She's very interested in the whole concept, and says she's going to go to college and live in Hawaii when she grows up.

And a funny -- my DH is missing two toes as a result of a barefoot bike mishap as a young child. DD1 asked him last night why he didn't have those toes; he explained it to her, and said that a doctor had to cut off his toes to fix up his foot.

DD1 looked at him and very matter-of-factly asked, "Sharp scissors, or non-sharp scissors?" OMG, I laughed so hard I nearly cried. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelite-bright:

We went to the library last week, DD1 picked out some books, and she read one of them entirely by herself! 

I can see how much it is building her confidence to have something that she is good at, and knows she's good at. Of course, then we have to deal with things like, "I'm the smartest five-year-old in the WHOLE WORLD," and trying to get her to dial that back to a reasonable level. :)

She's been asking a slew of very abstract questions lately, which is awesome. Why does it take so long to grow up? Why do we grow up? She's very interested in the whole concept, and says she's going to go to college and live in Hawaii when she grows up.

And a funny -- my DH is missing two toes as a result of a barefoot bike mishap as a young child. DD1 asked him last night why he didn't have those toes; he explained it to her, and said that a doctor had to cut off his toes to fix up his foot.

DD1 looked at him and very matter-of-factly asked, "Sharp scissors, or non-sharp scissors?" OMG, I laughed so hard I nearly cried. 

Best question EVER

• Options
    DS passed the first part of water safety class. Wearing summer clothes, he was flipped into the pool, went into a back float, then rolled and swam for the side of the pool! Tomorrow he has to do it in winter clothes.
  • Options
    DS1 said his first 2 word phrase!! "Bye choo choo". I cried when he said it! I am so proud of my little boy!

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    L swam 112 lengths in practice today. I don't think he's ever been able to do that much. That's 2800 meters.
  • Options

I have a couple: 

1. Nate has had a bit of s speech explosion. He is more willing to imitate and there is a lot more spontaneous speech. Since he does vowels really well and not a lot of consonants, I suspect he says much more than we pick up. He now has a list of two words phrases he does "more ball" "car up" "oh-kaayy!" etc.

The other day DH came down and told him to tell me his new phrase. It was "ello, ow ah oo??"  He also imitated me yelling at him about leaving the cat alone and that he was "not nice at all"...."aoh aye ah owl!" The kid really cracks me up.

2. Yesterday the PT brought out these kid yoga cards that have pictures of kids doing different poses. i was skeptical that he would be able or even willing to do these. That little stinker was game to try them all....butterfly, bug, tree, cat, lion, table, and windmill. Cracked my sh!t up AND I managed to video it. 

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    My son sang an entire lullaby song by himself and I even understood all the words. He has had 3 swim lessons and is already jumping off step to instructor and going underwater.  He is a natural.  I am so proud of my little fish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"