Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Trisomy 16

I had my second miscarriage one month ago.  We had the baby go in for testing (hard decision but we needed answers).  We found out two things.  1.  She had three number 16 chromosomes.  2.  The baby was a girl.  Have any of you ladies agreed to testing of the baby after your miscarriage?  If so, has anyone lost a baby due to Trisomy 16? Trisomy 16 will never result with a live birth.  There is Mosaic Trisomy 16 which will cause developmental, cognitive delays, possible heart and lung issues, along with possible vision problems.  They recommended my husband and I go see a genetic counselor.  If anyone has had any experience with this I would appreciate some input I am feeling very overwhelmed.   

Thank you!

Re: Trisomy 16

• Options
    We lost our baby to Trisomy 16.  Our doctor said that we could see a geneticist, but her belief was that they would say that it was random.  From everything I saw online after we found out, it seems that this is a random occurrence.  We elected to not do further testing.  It was our first loss.  Take care! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"