Food Allergy
Options

mspi mom

Hi I'm new on this board.  My son has mspi. He was dx at 3 months old. My ped said that i should cut out dairy so I did.  It helped a little. my mom and I are both in the medical field so we started doing research and saw that a majority of the time they are intolerant to soy as well. Once I cut that out he was fine. I also had cut out all acidic and gassy food. Now he's almost 10 months old. He is happy and healthy. I stopped breastfeeding due to my own health problems shortly after ds was diagnosed so I put him on nutramigen. He eats solids really well,  he loves loves loves his fruit and veggies. I want to give him milk once he is 1 but I have no idea what to give him. Almond milk? Rice milk? Coconut milk? Flaxseed milk? My ped isn't much help in this area. 

She thinks he can just have regular milk. I heard of goat milk but i have no idea where to get it. Any advice is very much appreciated. Also im pregnant with my second child and i want to breast feed so ill be looking to you ladies for dairy/ soy alternatives for my diet. Im gunna take it out of my diet atleast a month before I'm due. TIA

Re: mspi mom

• Options

imageTeacher Clark:
    Most babies outgrow their intolerance. If it was me I would try regular milk first before offering other types. If LO still shows signs of intolerance I would just retry regular milk every 3 months or so.

This is what we are planning on doing.  I am really nervous though Sad

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"