Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Having second thoughts......

I thought I was accepting of going in to the doctors for the DC tomorrow, but for some reason I woke up in the middle of the night and was thinking about it and now I just want to cancel my appt. it's been over three weeks, so I know it needs to be done, but Im just dreading waking up Saturday morning and knowing Im officially, completely, not in any tiny bit way, pregnant anymore. Obviously my peanut isn't really there anymore, but just to know what's left will be gone and it will be like I wasn't ever pregnant. =[

Did any of you have this problem as the appt date got closer? I know none of us wanted this to happen, but I really thought I had fully accepted my fate until last night.

Re: Having second thoughts......

• I am so sorry for your loss. I was 17 weeks and my doctor offered to induce my missed miscarraige. I felt this was a better option for me than DC. But I don't know what insurance and such manages for different folks. My husband and I were able to hold our baby and take pictures and I think that helped our grieving. I also made them give me ultrasound pictures after they found no heartbeat, again it was something tangible for me to process this baby is real, even if I won't bring her home.... I know everybody deals with loss in their own way. I remained pretty emotionally detached through the process I haven't felt safe to grieve. I don't have time yet. If I start I won't stop. I wish I had better words for you but all I can say is normal in this situation is whatever is normal for you. T P.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First off, I'm so very sorry for your loss :( but I want you to know you're not alone in feeling nervous and having second thoughts about the D&C.  I actually pushed mine back two times.  By the time I actually had it done, my little one had been gone for 5 weeks.  I was personally glad I pushed it back because I feel like I ended up needing that extra time to grieve, and hope my body would mc naturally.  I just wanted to still be connected, I guess.  My suggestion to call your doctor, and if you feel like you still need time, take it. Thinking of you....((Hugs))

Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt that way about my D&C.  The day before I had one, I pretty much had an anxiety attack about it.  And even when I was in the hospital bed waiting for anesthesia I kept saying I don't want to do this.  Now that it's all over, I'm glad I went through with it.  It really helped me start to move on.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I think it's perfectly normal to feel that way. That trip on the way to the hospital was hard to know they were going to take my baby out even though I knew it wasn't alive anymore. I'm glad I did go through it because now my body can start healing and getting back straight. They were wonderful for me in the hospital. The aniestologist sp? Told me that he would make it as easiest on me as I could and they kept me loaded up with anxiety med to help make the process as less traumatic as possible. I'm glad it's done now. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. I mc naturally so i don't have much advice on that but i do know only time will help and you should take as long as you need. Be kind to yourself, take care of yourself. Sending prayers your way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"