Washington Babies
Options

Nursing Bra HELP

Hi there-

I am a soon to be first time mom. I'm 29 weeks and someone told me to at least go out and buy 1 nursing bra before baby gets here. I have no problem doing that however before pregnancy I was already wearing a 36dd bra. What size do I need to go up to and do you have any recommendations of where I should look?

Re: Nursing Bra HELP

• Options
    Go to Nordstroms or Motherhood Maternity around 38 weeks and they will size you. Or get some nursing tanks from Target or Motherhood and plan to go bra shopping about 46 weeks postpartum.
  • Options
    I would just get some nursing tanks - the Gilligan & O'Malley ones from Target are good value. Everything will change once your milk comes in, so I wouldn't bother getting one ahead of time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It might be the safest bet to get a bra that doesn't have a single cup size, but a range, and would be comfortable for sleeping. You'll be around the house the first few days and I personally like wearing one at night for about 2-3 months until I stop leaking. I am large chested and really like this bra, and have 3: https://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-original-nursing-bra

The larger size for the original fits like a sports bra, but it's not too tight at all. I don't wear this one out, but it'll be forgiving for any engorgement and super fullness that you might have in the early days. I actually wear this in late pregnancy sometimes for better comfort at night when sleeping. www.breakoutbras.com usually has a cheaper price, with free shipping, on those bras.  Choose a size a cup or two larger than where you are in pregnancy.

• Options

a pea in the pod- seamless clip down nursing bra. its supportive yet extremely comfortable enough to wear to bed. i got 2 of them and a few different ones. i will only wear these!

• Options

Given your pre-pregnancy cup size, I would definitely recommend getting 2 nursing bras around 36 weeks. Once baby is here, you're going to want some support, and you're NOT going to want to go bra shopping right away =)

I'm 38DD pre-pregnancy & I found the Bravado bras great.  Like PP said, they have a range of sizes & last really well.  Only thing is, the ones I had go on over the head, which was sometimes uncomfortable

Also, I highly recommend a couple of sleep bras.  They're lightweight & offer a little support AND hold nursing pads in (necessary!).  They're better for night time because they don't compress your boobs so much, which is better for milk production.  Last pregnancy, I ordered a couple from Motherwear; they were ok, but I could have used something a little bigger, fyi.  I'll probably shop around a little more this time.  (Gave away all my stuff because I thought we were done having kids =) )

• Options
    hamrmhamrm member
    I would recommend Bella Materna or Village Maternity in Seattle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"