Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When did you take the sling off your infant tub?

DS is 3 months, and a chubby lil guy. I feel like he is barely fits on the sling in the tub. Has anyone already taken this off yet?

Re: When did you take the sling off your infant tub?

• I only used the sling until LO's cord stump fell off.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • whtnywhtny member

imageCNJ4EVA:
    I only used the sling until LO's cord stump fell off.

This exactly. 

• Loading the player...
  • Haha. Oops. Shows what a clueless first timer I am!
  • imagelaurenrenee80:
    Haha. Oops. Shows what a clueless first timer I am!
    Haha this is me exactly. My baby is 2 months, and I guess she is getting her first real bath tonight haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We used the sling until she could sit up (6mo), but DD is tiny and fit in it just fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I'm at FTM too but we are still using the sling for my 3 month old... I guess I assumed that you used that until they could sit up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecjl5072:
    I'm at FTM too but we are still using the sling for my 3 month old... I guess I assumed that you used that until they could sit up.

That's what I assumed... until they could sit up.  Too difficult to try to hold a slippery baby AND scrub between the fat rolls.  I'll use the sling until she doesn't fit anymore!   FWIW, she's only about 9lbs 10oz.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We never used a bath sling and have been putting DS directly into the baby tub since his stump fell off.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • We stopped using the sling around 6 weeks maybe. Our tub has a side with a recline so she lays in that right now. The other side is for older infants to sit, but by that age they don't usually fit in the baby tub anymore anyway.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Didn't use the sling and went directly into the tub after cord fell off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is also 3 months and really long so he is scrunched in the sling on his tub.  I took it off once and placed him in the tub for his bath but he kept falling over to the side....so I put the sling back on.  For those of you that took yours off a long time ago how are you keeping your slippery LO's from sliding around?
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was just talking to my DH about this last night during bath time.  We still have her in the sling and she is 3 mo tomorrow.  She holds her head up real well and sometimes stays propped up (on our pillows etc.) I was thinking to try without the sling but DH thought we should keep using it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• we never used one b/c we have the Puj tub
  • imagepinottoparenthood:
    We never used a bath sling and have been putting DS directly into the baby tub since his stump fell off.

Absolutely love the grumpy baby pic. so adorable ! 

• imagecjl5072:
    I'm at FTM too but we are still using the sling for my 3 month old... I guess I assumed that you used that until they could sit up.

THIS LOL :)

• took it off about 8 weeks, much easier to handle her now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"