LGBT Parenting

WOOOHOOO!!!

I haven't even read the details yet (if you have, feel free to add info)... but DOMA is overturned!!!!!!!

Today is a good day. 

My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

Re: WOOOHOOO!!!

• Hallelujha. unconstitutional on grounds of equality. Excellent victory for DOMA, good victory for California as well.

However, in light of yesterday's voting rights rulings it's a small victory for one group of people while a number of others have been even further disenfranchised. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Additionally, couples legally married in states that have SS marriage still don't need to be recognized in states that don't have SS marriage. Problem.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!!!!! At least the bans are over and it opens doors for rights for our families!!!!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • YAY!!!! This brought tears to my eyes.  EV and I had our wedding ceremony back in 2004 when the marriages in California started, we've waited all these years to get "officially married".  Today is a good day!!
  • It is great, but there is still a LOT to be done.  These decisions only affect the states that have marriage equality, and added CA.  It's HUGE, by any means, and my prediction is this will get states that are already on the verge of having equal marriages to actually pass laws and soon enough more states than not will have it, and the issue will be readdressed as more and more unique situations come up.  I never thought I would be getting married. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats to all those who live in the states that allow SS marriage!

I am still very excited as this is still a HUGE step in the right direction for marriage equality.

I am hopeful that soon my state and others will take the steps toward equality as well.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KH826KH826 member

I agree with all previous posters, and I am happy to celebrate any victory, which is a step in the right direction.

I am looking forward to filing a joint tax return with my wife, and checking the "married" box on federal forms. I am looking forward to my wife and I not having to worry about estate tax and federal benefits.

Mostly, I look forward to doing a bit more research to educate myself on what this decision truly means to me and my family. Today is a good day.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • So excited and happy!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Truly a great day!!

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Yes, this is a great day :) So grateful that our rights are progressing.  Not the broad ruling I hoped (and realistically knew was unlikely) would happen, but nonetheless, this is a huge win for all of us.  I'll take federal benefits over NO benefits at all.  I'm at least assuming if I married in Iowa and still lived in Indiana the federal government would still recognize my rights.  But I'm checking with my HR department at work to verify - though they may not know yet either.

Just imagine if DOMA was upheld.  Awful!  Congrats to the Californians out there, and all others who enjoy the FULL benefits of marriage equality!  The rest of us will get there in a matter of years :) Just look how far we've come since that first spark in 2003 when MA legalized Same Sex Marriage.  10 years later, and DOMA is struck down, Prop 8 sent back, and the logistical nightmare this creates will likely force all other states to legalize gay marriage, too.

Happy lezzie over here! Party!!!

• One of my Facebook friends often quotes her daughter (age 4?) in her statuses.  Today's status was one of my favorites

" Why would anybody want to stop people from getting married? Everyone loves weddings. Oh! Look both those ladies have beautiful dresses. Awe... And their ties match."

• imagenewmompeanut:

One of my Facebook friends often quotes her daughter (age 4?) in her statuses.  Today's status was one of my favorites

" Why would anybody want to stop people from getting married? Everyone loves weddings. Oh! Look both those ladies have beautiful dresses. Awe... And their ties match."

That is SO adorable!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Can anyone suggest a good place to read about how this will actually affect us?
    We were married in New York while living in TX almost a year ago. We just moved to Maryland bc it is legal here.

Just curious to where I can find out more!

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"