October 2012 Moms
Options

At what age...

...do I tell my 5 year old about private parts for the opposite sex?? So my 5 year old son was talking to me and said "If girls don't have a weiner, then what do they have?" DH was out of town and I told DS1 that we'll have that discussion when Daddy gets home. So what age do we tell him that girls have a vagina? And should I call it a vagina? DS1 calls his penis a weiner, so should we have a more kid-friendly name?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: At what age...

• Options

What else would you call it?

I would just tell him that men and women have a lot of similar parts, but they also have some different parts.

• Options
    imageSarahW44:
    What else would you call it? I would just tell him that men and women have a lot of similar parts, but they also have some different parts.

This. I probably would have already told him by now, I'm surprised he hasn't asked yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would use correct terms for explanation purposes. Men/boys have a penis and women/girls have a vagina. You can be vague for now and say that's just how we pee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    DD is 2.5 and we've been calling it penis and vagina since she could point out her body parts.
    She knows what boys and girls have.
    Makes for interesting conversation when she decides she wants to tell me what mommy and Zoe have.
    Mommy you have vagina and Zoe does too! Daddy and brother have penis! And then she goes ok to tell what her nephews and aunties have.

I'm a nurse so I just call it what it is. And not to sound morbid but if someone ever touches my kids I want them to say they touched me in my... And then I will promptly beat the you know what out of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHamptonsMama:
    I would use correct terms for explanation purposes. Men/boys have a penis and women/girls have a vagina. You can be vague for now and say that's just how we pee.

This too... We don't go into all the details about sex etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageHamptonsMama:

I found say this

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"