Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

3rd loss in a row

I cannot believe I'm here again and I'm just pissed! Unbelieveble! One missed miscarriage, one blighted ovum, and now an ectopic. Fortunately we don't need surgery as of yet. Is it my eggs or just dumb luck? I'm thinking that IVF will be our only and last shot. I'm done for a year or two. 3 losses in exactly one year and I've lost hope. I give up for now!
BFP #1 6/16/2012 EDD 2/25/2013 MMC @ 7 weeks(found out at 10 weeks) 8/2/2012 BFP #2 2/8/2013 EDD 10/25/2013 Beta #1 56 Beta #2 62 Beta #3 156 Beta #4 665 Beta #5 1091 Blighted Ovum 2/27/2013

Re: 3rd loss in a row

• My heart is breaking for you.  I cannot even imagine the pain you must be feeling. Since all three were different, you unfortunately may be really unlucky.  Have you had any genetic testing done to see if there is an underlying issue though?  If you decide to go the IVF route, you should discuss this with the doctor to see what they recommend.  

I have gone through one IVF cycle and will be trying a second one in a few months after my miscarriage.  If you have any questions, I am more than happy to try to answer what I can.  The ladies on the infertility board are great as well.

i am so sorry for your loss and will pray for you to have the strength to try again. 

IVF#1 in March 2013.  BFP!  Due date 12/11/13.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lost my sweet angel...D&C on 6/11/13.

IVF#2 in September.  BFP!  Due date 6/8/14!
    imageimage
  • I am so sorry.  I am in the middle of my second in a row (third overall).  I had a chemical in March and now a blighted ovum.  I feel like I have experienced pretty much everything possible as well (they thought the blighted ovum was ectopic last week and I was treated as such).   Anyway, I feel your pain and I am so sorry.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your losses : I am in the middle of my second loss in a row as well. First was a chemical and this is a missed miscarriage. I go back next week for a follow up to determine if a DC is to be done or if we will let it happen naturally.
    As all three of yours were different perhaps it's just horribly unlucky? Maybe further testing will show something? I have no experience with IVF but understand your need to wait a bit before trying again. Once we get this sorted out, I think we are taking a break too. I hope all goes well for you on your next pregnancy whenever you feel ready to try again. Positive thoughts your way.
    BFP:  April 5, 2013 m/c #1 @ 4 weeks
    BFP:  May 1, 2013, twins hbs seen @ 6.5 weeks, mmc #2 @ 8 weeks, D&E July 2, 2013.  
    BFP:  January 10, 2014 m/c #3 @ 5 weeks.
    BFP:  August 11, 2014, 400mg progesterone suppositories started immediately.  HB seen @ 6 weeks. mmc #4 at 7 weeks, D&E September 27, 2014.
    RE Referral:  January 2015. 
  • We have had two failed pregnancies in a row. March was BO and now ectopic. I felt so defeated and was ready to throw in the towel until my dr explained that an ectopic and a BO are completely different. However, when you are ready to try again you might want to get your dr to do an Xray to check your tubes, mine is going to once we've dealt with the ectopic.

I'm so sorry you have had to go through this 3 times. T and P
  • L RosL Ros member
    Im so sorry for everything you are dealing with! You must be an amazingly strong woman to not just be blowing up the world already. Maybe something will happen over the next year that will make having a baby then way better than one now. I know that doesn't help a lot, but telling myself there had to be a reason has helped me atleast on my lowest days. I really hope when you try again you are able to have your take home baby right away.
  • I'm so sorry :(.  I just had my third loss too (they were all missed miscarriages at about 10 weeks) and I know how defeating that can feel.  I feel very broken and pissed at my body. 

Are you going to get repeat loss testing?  I guess the ectopic was probably a "fluke" but the blighted ovum and mmc might encourage me to want some bloodwork. 

Take all the time you need and I really hope that you can find answers and a good plan moving forward.  My DD is the result of IVF/ICSI so while I know how hard that process can be.

((hugs))

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• I'm so sorry for your losses. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So so so very sorry for your losses! Sending prayers up for you, hang in there. hugs
  • I'm so sorry, hugs! Dont give up hope, it may be just a very cruel luck. 

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"