Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Over 24 hours and no poopy diapers???

My pedi said this was totally normal, so I know it is.  But he told me this before it started happening to ME!!!  LOL

DS hasn't had a poopy diaper since Saturday night.  =/  Every one is still wet, he doesn't seem to be upset, and he's eating like a champ still...

I guess this is worrying me because he ALWAYS had about 8 poopy diapers a day at least until now, but the pedi said this is normal for BF babies.  Anyone else have this experience?

Tell me to stop being paranoid and that DS is fine!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: Over 24 hours and no poopy diapers???

• that happened to me too. One random day all of a sudden the ten thousand a day poops just stopped. My dd would start pooping every 2 or 3 days but when she did it was almost always a blow out, so watch out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We still see about one a day, but DD's poopy diapers have definitely been tapering off from her usual every hour on the hour output.
  • Loading the player...
  • Be happy that they are tapering off!!!
  • My DD hasn't gone since Thurs. night and I'm probably more bothered by it than she is!  She has her usual wet diapers and is passing lots of gas...but still no poop.  She is also eating normally, does not have a hard tummy, doesn't seem irritable at all...so I am just waiting for her to explode in her diaper. 

I've been reading about it all weekend online, and it seems pretty normal in BF babies.  I never thought I would be so hopeful for a big poop!

• I know moni!  Thanks guys :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Exact same thing happened with my DD last week.  Pedi said it was totally normal and that a BF baby can go up to two weeks!  After 4 days she had a complete blow out...much to my odd relief!
  • My baby is on;y phoops every 6  or 7 days. Pedi says its normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"