Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Lost at 9 weeks

I lost my baby about 2 months ago. I was 9 weeks pregnant. I keep waiting to feel normal again, and am trying to reach out but am finding nothing to find any support.... This is sort of my last option. I don't know anyone else who has experienced a miscarriage, and so I feel very out at sea...

It was our first baby.  We couldn't have been more excited. My husband got over things pretty quickly, it seems. I haven't been able to. I still cry. I don't feel close to him or anyone at the moment. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I'm crazy mourning the loss of a child I didn't even know... Most people don't know what to say to me. Most of the time they just pretend like nothing happened. It all just comes back in waves...

Re: Lost at 9 weeks

• First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Losing our little ones is devastating and I feel like nothing can prepare you for it.  It's awful.  I'm glad you have reached out to this board, you will find good support from the ladies here, we're all here for you.  Thinking of you, and your husband.  ((Hugs))
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • I so know what you mean about the waves. My husband's defense mechanism is to not talk about it. And while he is so great to talk with me and listen when I'm struggling...I feel bad knowing it makes him sad. It's only been a couple of weeks for me and the past week has been busy with vacation and planning my oldest girls' birthday party so I was doing pretty good. I thought maybe I was getting to a good place...until today. It's all hitting again.

I think this is just a process and grief is different for everyone. Like people keep telling me, it's ok to mourn the loss of your child.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you too. You're in my thoughts and prayers!!!
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you have had to go through this.  Please know you are not alone and I hope you find the support you are looking for on here.  Last week at just over 9 weeks I found out we had lost our little dream.  I call it our little dream because it really was, we tried for 2+ years and finally we were pregnant and those weeks were the happiest we have ever been.  I am so grateful for that time of being so happy because I got to feel that pure happiness and joy.

When I learned of my miscarriage last week I was devastated. I was devastated over the loss of what was lost and what would never be. I got on this board and found a post that was so comforting and reassuring I didn't feel so alone.  I hope you find this also.  I believe we are all here to help you in any way we can.

Today I had my D&C, it was tough but I think I'm going to be ok.  I have an incredible network of friends to lean on and talking to them about what happened I found out that many of them also suffered miscarriages.  
    While things did not work out how I expected with our little dream I am not willing to give up and my husband and I will keep trying because we still have this dream and I have faith it will come true.

I know I've probably rambled too much and I'm sure I was not helpful to you at all but I just want you to know you are not alone.  You will grieve and cry and be sad but please also have faith and believe that it will get better.

• Sorry for your lost. I was the first on my mother's side to m/c and the first of my friends.  My mother's family approach was and still is that no birth means no baby and no baby means no mourning. DH has the if I don't talk about or think about, then it didn't happen approach. I cried for a month solid the first time, everyone looked at me like I was crazy. My friends stayed away because they didn't know what else todo. This time I paint on my smile when I am in public and cry at night. I know it isn't the healthiest thing; but, when I really am about to break, these ladies help me out. TP for you and your DH. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thank you all for responding. It really helps knowing I'm not alone in how I feel. It's awful we have all had to experience this kind of loss. I think one of the worst things has been not having people to talk to. So thank you all again for being so open and honest. It makes the world of difference for me, truly

• **picture warning**

I can definitely relate.  We lost our first pregnancy back in 2007 and it took me an extremely long time to feel normal again.  I really was totally not myself for months and months and months.  DH also got over it quicker and while he was supportive, I know he was frustrated that I wasn't myself sooner.

I'm sorry you don't feel more supported.  Sadly, miscarriage is a bit of a silent sisterhood.  I was actually surprised at how many friends came out of the woodwork to tell me about their losses, however, I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I had babies a bit later so many of my friends were done with their family building.  If you are younger and have less friends with kids I can see how you might feel totally isolated.

You aren't alone.  That is important for you to know.  I just had my third loss and that milestone (being the 1%) has been really isolating for me because even friends who have experienced a loss can't relate to my three.  It makes me feel like a failure.  On the upside, while I miss our baby more than anything and would give anything to still be pregnant, I have gotten back to my normal self much faster this time. 

It WILL get better.  Please take care of yourself. 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Don't feel crazy. It's still a loss and you do need to give yourself time to grieve. Regardless of what people say. I hope you'll find the support here that you need. I'm so sorry for your loss, but know that your getting a lot of thoughts and prayers sent your way.
  • I'm sorry about father's day. That one hit me really hard too. Like you said, those little reminders you're not pregnant anymore just cut deep... I'm scared for when my EDD rolls around... Do I just try and keep myself busy? Or acknowledge the day and do something for it? I don't even know...
  • Today is 8 wks exactly since my MC. And my sorrow comes & goes in waves now it seems. It was our first baby as well; we hadn't shared our news with any1 yet as we were only 8 wks along. My DH was over it pretty quickly as well. It kinda hurt my feelings at first that he wasn't more upset, at first, but as time has passed I've realized that it's just different for him. As many PPs have said we're moms from the moment we get our pink line but DH doesn't have that immediate attachment.

I still have only shared that I had a MC with a few select friends & family. It's hard to share when no one knew we were expecting, which is kind of a double edge sword. I don't have to answer any awkward PG questions but I also feel obligated to pretend everything is "normal", when it's obviously not.

I've had plenty of those "all alone" feelings. B/c I have no one to turn to who can relate/understand what I'm feeling. That's what is so great about these boards. Everyone here can relate....we've all (sadly) been there...and we're all willing to share our love, support, & lots of hugs whenever you need, whether you need info, opinions, or just to vent. WE GET IT when no one around you does. 

I'm so sorry for your loss!!! TP to you and welcome to the board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"