Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Introduction

Hi ladies,

I have heard great things about how supportive this board is and so I think it's time for me to introduce myself.

I had a completely uneventful pregnancy resulting in DS who is 3.  DH and I started trying for #2 in December 2011 after I had about 8 months if thyroid issues resulting in my having my thyroid removed.  After about a year I started all the IF tests with everything coming back basically normal other than borderline pcos.  After 3 rounds of clomid and a change in my thyroid meds I got a BFP on 5/14 with lmp on 4/15.  I had a 6 wk ultrasound that showed a sac measuring 5wks1day and a yolk sac. At 7w2d I had relatively light bright red bleeding and went to the Er where I saw a heartbeat and a baby measuring 6w5d.  A week later I went back to my RE for a scheduled u/s that showed sac measuring 6w1d and baby measuring 6w6d heartbeat of 140.  RE was not encouraging about the possibility for a successful pregnancy.  OB was a little more encouraging saying that the u/s were on different machines which could explain a discrepancy and it seemed like baby was growing ok.  Bleeding was a SCH and no big del.

went back for final u/s with RE and sac still measured 6w1d baby measured 8w0d but no more heartbeat.  I opted for d&c the day after which was last Friday.  

Right now I am a mess of emotions.  I went back to exercising yesterday which resulted in cramping and general abdominal pain so I'm going to back off on that for a while.  DH was only at the last u/s so he'd never seen a heartbeat, and I wonder if that's why he doesn't seem as upset as I am.  I keep replaying that last u/s in my head and getting really upset.

anyway, I'm hoping to learn some things from you ladies and hope I can be a support to others who are in this terrible situation. 

Re: Introduction

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to remember men and women may grieve differently as well as each unique individual grieves differently. I took a lot of anger out on dh because i felt he wasn't grieving enough, but i have been going to counseling regularly since mc 4 weeks ago and it helps. We're all herefor you. Sending virtual hugs and positive thoughts your way!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. For me, we never heard the heartbeat and found out that we had a missed miscarriage over a month ago.  I had my D&C last week.  I struggled up until the D&C and I still struggle some days, but DH seemed to have not struggled at all.  When we were at the docs when they told us the possibility I could see fear and grief all over his face, but after that it was like nothing happened.  It's harder for us because it's our bodies and we share a special bond that men don't.  This was my first pregnancy and what keeps me going is that we can try again and will have a healthy baby someday. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sending T's and P's your way.

I understand how you are feeling right now. I had my dc yesterday. My husband is a dr so he's use to blocking out death but I'm not. Right now I can't even speak to him. I had a mc 15 years ago and I know it gets better just takes time. Sending hugs!!!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss :(.  I feel like the reality of our miscarriages and pregnancy losses stings us in the most unexpected ways and times.  This board has literally been my saving grace.  It's full of supportive women who find themselves here abruptly, heartbroken and hurting... looking for a safe place to vent, ask questions, or just share their story. We're here for you.  ((Hugs))

Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"