Multiples
Options

32+5 Preterm Labor

Hi ladies, I was in the hospital this weekend to stop labor. The magnesium successfully did it. When I left the hospital I was 3.5 cm dilated almost a 4. My doctor has me on bed rest until these little ones arrive. I received steroid shots this past weekend to help. Ideally I would still like to make it to 34 weeks. Which is July 4th. Do you think it is possible? Any success stories staying dilated at this point in a twin pregnancy? my blog - www.fitformotherhood.com
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 32+5 Preterm Labor

• Options
    No personal experience but I wanted to wish you luck!

I'm also pregnant with mono/di twins your blog has been a great resource for future expectations!

Thoughts prayers for you your baby girls!
  • Options
    I'm not as dilated as you, but have held steady for a while (including 8w of hospital bed rest).  I never thought I'd get this far, but keep in truckin :). My initial goal was 24w, then 28w, then 32w, and now 35w.  Hang in there!  Bed rest sucks, but it's so worth it!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At 33w3d I found out I was 4cm and "stretchy". They kept me in the antepartum for 3 days but I hadn't been having contractions since being admitted so they sent me home on bed rest. I was so so sooooo good about being in bed, unfortunately I only made it another 24hrs at home before my water broke when I sat down to pee. Even though they were born at 33w6d they were fine. We spent 14 days in the NICU for them to grow and learn to eat but really it was much more comforting to have them on the outside being monitored 24/7 than on the inside wondering "what if".

I absolutely think anything is possible. I've seen ladies put on bedrest at 24w make it to 36w and beyond. Just find some little hobby to do to keep you busy. A lot of ladies knit or crochet for their LOs when they're on bedrest. Netflix is your friend too!

I will be fx you can keep those little beans cooking just a little while longer, but know that if they come early things will work out in the end. Just take a deep breath and take things one day at a time!

TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Options
    Thoughts n prayers with you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"