Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Reflux?

The last couple days my 3 weeks old has been spitting up a lot during feedings after hardly ever spitting up before. She also hasn't been finishing the last ounce of her bottle if she spits up. A friend said this could be reflux, any opinions on this?

Re: Reflux?

• How old is LO? We were told at around 34wks babies tend to start spitting up more often. J was 4wks old when he started projectile vomiting, and having major poopy diapers. After many tests, US's, and a trip to the pediatric gastrotic Dr he was diagnosed with reflux.
  • imagebeppes1013:
    How old is LO? We were told at around 34wks babies tend to start spitting up more often. J was 4wks old when he started projectile vomiting, and having major poopy diapers. After many tests, US's, and a trip to the pediatric gastrotic Dr he was diagnosed with reflux.

She is 3 weeks. I did not know that around 3 to 4 weeks they start spitting up more. Hopefully it's just that. She is acting completely normal other than the spitting up more often. Thanks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember our pedi also saying they start to spit up more around then. If she's gaining weight and generally seems content, I wouldn't worry. Most babies spit up.
  • imagesmrunnels:
    The last couple days my 3 weeks old has been spitting up a lot during feedings after hardly ever spitting up before. She also hasn't been finishing the last ounce of her bottle if she spits up. A friend said this could be reflux, any opinions on this?

Our LO does have diagnosed reflux. we would get major spitup after feeding but they were accompianed by screams you have never heard before (much worse that even when she had shots). She would also arch her back and thrash her head and waive fists and gulp her bottles.  The dr. said these were all symptoms too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"