March 2013 Moms

Single mommy...

How do you manage baby, work and just everyday life in general? I'm in this boat now. :
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Single mommy...

• I'm sorry to hear that. I became single during my pregnancy, so I can understand how difficult this must be for you. It's good to reach out to others, even if just here online. 

Managing work and baby and everyday life without help is not easy. Just try to do one thing at a time. I find the upkeep of just the basics is really challenging, so this week I'm assigning one household task for each day of the week. Monday night laundry, Tuesday night groceries, etc. I've always hated that kind of organization, but in a last ditch effort to save my sanity I'm willing to give it a try. 

Also, what has really helped me to cope better is lowering my expectations of myself. My house is not sparkling clean, I eat junk food all the time, and I never put on makeup or do my nails. I am choosing to let some things go, things which used to be my basic minimum standards, and instead focus on spending quality time with DD.

Twenty years from now I will be glad that I spent the weekends holding my baby, and I'm banking on the hope that I won't remember how badly the kitchen floor needed to be cleaned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PP about lowering expectations. You'll figure it out as you go along. It's hard, but not impossible Smile

Sorry you're having to make this transition, though. That seriously sucks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice ladies. It's going to be hard but I can do it. Just really nervous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not a single parent, but do most od the work... Regarding the home and the house. As babies get older, it gets easier.
    i'm on summer break now.. So no work in the mix, but I have a two year old and 3 month old.
    I make lists.. Otherwise I forget stuff..
    I have started a lot of online shopping. I frantically clean as much as I can while they nap... I try to have both sleeping by 9, if not earlier amd then stay up til 10, picking up and prepping for the next day. I am also involved.in different play groups that get us out of the house, with other people, and making messes elsewhere!
    Eating... Leftovers are my
    friend... Most meals seem to freeze well too!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• I am not a single mom now, but was for a while with dd1. The best advice I can give is to not be afraid to ask for help. Whether it's from family or friends. Even if they can't, it doesn't hurt to ask.
    The chores will always be there, but your baby will only be a baby for a little while. Also, try not to spread yourself too thin. Don't try to make everyone happy. The only happiness that matters right now is yours and your baby.
    I'm sorry you have to go through this, but it is only for a season. Life won't be this way forever. Good luck and chin up!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"