August 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep hurdle?

Not really sure what to call this but for the past week now, DS has gone back to crying when I put him to bed. We did CIO awhile ago and it seemed successful. I haven't made any changes to his bedtime routine and he still goes to bed within the same half hour most nights. I'm thinking he just doesn't want to go to bed because he has been working on a new skill, but part of me is starting to wonder if he needs a later bedtime cuz he's not tired yet. He still wakes up at 6 regardless of when he goes to bed so I don't really want to push a later bedtime cuz them he would be getting less sleep. Has anyone else who has done sleep training suddenly had this "regression" where it feels like back to square one? He still will STTN after about 20 mins of off and on crying and babbling.

Re: Sleep hurdle?

• Options
    imageBPaws:
    We are in the same boat, but I originally blamed it on our camping trip and then trying to adjust to being home. He's been a nightmare to put down for naps and bed time [he just cries and cries and clutches at me] and has been waking up 3 to 4 times a night.

No advice just commiseration!!

This x2, I thought it was just us being gone a week but, now Rosie has my older 2 kids wrapped around her finger. She stands up in her crib, makes a couple of fake cries and then as soon as she sees someone, she's all smiles and reaching for them to pick her up. Yeesh, cute kids.

James typically goes down for bed easier. He takes his pacifier and rubs a blanket on his face until he goes to sleep in the corner of his crib. He has been waking up in the MOTN around 3ish since he has this stomach crud. He will drink 10oz of water in 5 minutes flat. Maybe the diarrhea is making him thirsty. Who knows?

No advice, we're all in this together!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I never know how DD will go to sleep.  Sometimes she falls asleep immediately with no crying or will roll around for up to 25 minutes totally content before falling asleep. Sometimes it is a little crying, and tonight 40 minutes of on and off crying and babbling, which is rare but does happen.  I just roll with the punches and take a deep sigh of relief when she's finally out and think maybe it will be better tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJulieMarie21:
    I never know how DD will go to sleep. nbsp;Sometimes she falls asleep immediately with no crying or will roll around for up to 25 minutes totally content before falling asleep. Sometimes it is a little crying, and tonight 40 minutes of on and off crying and babbling, which is rare but does happen. nbsp;I just roll with the punches and take a deep sigh of relief when she's finally out and think maybe it will be better tomorrow.

This is pretty much me except I am not doing well rolling with the punches lately. It seems like every nap and bedtime is a huge fight and cry fest. It's wearing on me a lot. Something has gotta give!!
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of sleep fighting over here. Crying and jumping in his pnp while I lay him back down over and over again; typically goes on for about half an hour. He's also been catnapping, and refusing solid food.

Last night, he only woke up 3 times though, and he got up this morning and ate breakfast! The first time is a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Landen does this some nights. He likes to stand up, sit down, stand up. He eventually goes to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"