LGBT Parenting

TTT

I'm up early so I thought I would start the thread :-)
T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
HSG 12/12/12        
#1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
#2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
#3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
#5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
#6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
#7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
It's a GIRL!
We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

Re: TTT

• 1. I'm also up super early because of a recent cold and general discomfort from my hips. Boo.

2. Today is my birthday. The last one solo sort of. I hope it's a special day even though I'm up super early and have to work.

3. The baby is moving this morning and I'm feeling super grateful. I wasn't sure how I was going to like pregnancy but I am really enjoying it

4. We have set the shower date for July 20th. I'm excited and nervous. As I put on the pregnancy post, I have really toiled about everything baby related and am super afraid people are going to judge me for my choices. I can tell that I did not register when we got married.... Haha.

5. I discovered a small maternity section in a local old navy and got 5 more dresses to deal with the summer heat. They are so cute and although I pretty much haven't worn a dress in years when I wasn't at a wedding, everyone loves the "new me". I do too.

6. Planning a lovely dinner tonight with friends. Can't wait

7. I haven't heard from my mom since I told her I was pregnant. I wonder if I'll hear from her today.....

8. I got sick last week and am on antibiotics and haven't slept very well. I also think I've pulled a muscle in my stomach from all the coughing sneezing etc. I won't lie, I dread coughing and sneezing right now.

9. S is amazing and I love her so much. It is ridiculous cute when she talks to the baby and tries to get her to move around and kick.

10. I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to wonder what kind of personality our baby is going to have and what the baby will look like. No dreams yet though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Seems like a lot of us are up early today!  I woke up at 5:30 or so and couldn't manage to fall back to sleep.

2. I'm not working today (mostly because I can't drive until 24h after anesthesia and I can't work from home, but also because I wasn't sure how I would feel) so it seems like kind of a bummer that I couldn't sleep in but I doubt I would have slept through my wife's 6:15 alarm anyway.

3. That and my sister arrived at 6:45 with her dog, who we agreed to take care of for the next 36 hours while she goes to a work conference out of town.

4. Dog sitting...hmmm.  Kind of reminds me why I don't have a dog.  Cats are so easy!  He is not too bad -- older, but kind of nervous and having trouble settling down.  Keeps wanting to go in the backyard though I know he doesn't have to, and crying at the window.

5. Speaking of cats, we visited a local cage-free no-kill shelter this weekend to meet a couple of cats we had our eyes on.  The shelter director didn't think those particular cats (who were shy) would do well once a baby was on the scene, but there was another one she recommended.  He was sweet but we decided to sleep on it and when we contacted her the next day to ask if we could adopt him, he'd already been snatched up by someone who was approved to adopt (she still had to call some of our references).

6. HOWEVER they got two new cats on Sunday and they are beautiful!  We are hoping to meet them soon.  I would be fine with one but my wife really wants both.  She is very taken with them -- she says when she looked at their pictures they said, "MOMMIES TAKE ME HOME."

7. I am feeling pretty good.  Barely any cramping, and barely any bleeding after yesterday evening.  That's already better than last time, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have an overall quicker recovery.

8. I'm also listening to a mind-body program for pregnancy loss (it's free from Circle & Bloom -- I recommend it if you are trying to recover from a loss) so I'm hoping that will help too.

9. Mentally, I'm in a much better place than I was after my first D&E, but I think I have Prozac to thank for that.

10. IT'S SO HOT.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I've been awake since about 4:45am.  All the animals decided it was party time early this morning.  :-(

2. Speaking of animals, one of my cats, Lucy, has been peeing on everything lately!  She has gone through spells like this in the past, but it has gotten bad again recently.  Thankfully, she hasn't peed on the bed, but she has managed to get clean clothes, reusable grocery bags, gym bags, and even my wife's espresso machine (machinery is new for her!).  Wondering if she knows I'm pregnant.  Probably she has something going on with her urinary tract, but nothing I have done in the past has ever helped.  Sigh. 

3.  Work was frustrating yesterday.  Hope today is better.

4.  Really wish I've been better about taking bump pictures.  Our pictures have been sporadic at best.

5.  My wife surprised me with dinner last night.  She knew I was craving some cream cheese, mango, and poblano quesadillas and made some for me.  So sweet and so yum.

6. I was vegan during  the two years before I became pregnant (vegetarian for almost 10 years), but I've been eating some cheese and the occasional egg since I became pregnant.  Hoping it's not too difficult to transition back after baby comes.

7. After reading everyone's posts on the Pregnancy Check In, realizing I need to chill out about picking out baby things.  I've spent an inordinate amount of time researching stuff.

8.  My wife got mad me last night when she found out that I stopped taking my DHA pills.  Still taking my prenatals, of course, but the DHAs are soooo gross.  She's going to order me a different brand, I think.  I know it's good for me and baby, but bleh.

9. Wife actually started saying a name for baby that she told me she didn't like, but she knows I love, last night.  We may not go that direction, but made me happy that she's putting thought into it.  

10.  Made plans to have dinner with a friend and her new guy on Friday night.  Haven't seen her in a while and I'm super excited.

Have a good day all! 

• KH826KH826 member

1. Last night was the second night in a row that I didn't sleep well at all. I too was up before 5am, b/c I couldn't stand looking at the clock on my nightstand any longer...

2. Today I am 5dpiui.

3. I feel like I need to apologize for being a cranky downer yesterday in my TTC check-in post. I really do generally try to be positive and not complain. I know my journey is nothing so far compared to so many of you. I have just been feeling in "a funk" lately, and I think I let it get the best of me.

4. Today is my father and 1/2 sister's (his daughter with his second wife) birthday. They share the same one. I haven't talked to my father in about a year. I sent his daughter a bday card with a gift card in it. She is 12 today. I felt like it was the right thing to do. I haven't seen either of them in about 3 years. I am wondering if she will remember me much and want to have a relationship with me when she is older. Our father has decided I am a lost cause...

5. I am SOOO looking forward to my mini vacation with my wife next week. We are off Wed-Fri next week and we will be pet sitting at her parents' house for a 5-day weekend. They have a beautiful backyard with a pool, hammock, covered patio... and they live way out in the suburbs where it is quiet and private... I am looking forward to a little break, and I am planning on reading, napping in the sun, swimming, and eating take-out! :)

6. 14dpiui and the day my AF is due falls on 4th of July. I know that there will be fireworks regardless, but I am hoping that we can pretend like they are for us that day...

7. I am super excited for the wedding that we are going to this weekend. The couple getting married is one of our old college professors (my wife and I met in her class), and she was our officiant at our wedding. She and her partner have been together for 25 years -- they have a 10 year old adopted son -- and they decided they finally wanted a wedding. We are so excited for them, and the reception is at the college where my wife and I both went and there will be a lot of our former professors there. It should be really fun!

8. It is so humid outside right now. The air feels like soup. And my hair looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket. Yuck!

9. Happy Birthday to Songbird! ... Ball.and.chain - so glad to hear that you are on the mend and feeling better than you expected. You are an amazing, strong person.

10. I am hoping that this day goes by quickly...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. Yay for finding a RE I'm comfortable with! It's a bummer K couldn't be there with me.

2. Our littlest puppy had surgery on Friday and it's been super difficult to keep him chill the last 2 days!

3. K and I put up a pool this weekend and have spent so much time in it already!

4. Today is my monthly lunch with my co-workers. It will be nice to be out of the house lol

5. I have finished all of my thank you notes for the wedding, but keep forgetting to put them in the mail!

6. It's raining cats and dogs today which makes my productivity level drop 100%.

7. I need coffee.

8. I am excited for our camping trip at the beginning of August with friends.

9. I am nervous for my mom babysitting our zoo while we're gone... we have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and a tortoise...

10. Looking at donor sperm feels like online dating. 

M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

• 1. Good Morning all. Today I felt like I slept in - Kaden didn't wake up until 5:30, when some mornings its 4 or 4:30am!!  But I'm still exhausted from having gone to bed at 2:30am which is unheard of now-a-days.  LOL  Tongue Tied

2. I have on last assignment for this Econ. class and I'm done for the summer. CANT WAIT. Party!!!

3. Kaden is standing under the table holding onto my legs and babbling, every once in a while he will let go with both hands.  It's pretty crazy to think he might be walking soon!!

4. We received confirmation that we are going to be on our FAVORITE house buying internationally cable show.  I love this show and its US counterpart and I guess it has always been a dream of mine that I'd get to be on it. But the email inviting us to be on the show came as a surprise.

5. EV and I made a cute casting video standing in a resort pool with K, talking about our family's recent move to Roatan. In some way it feels great to be validated too because I admit I was a little nervous thinking they might not want the wacky lesbian family.  But the network loved us - hahaha.

6. Number 4 has effected our TTC budget because now I'm freaking out that the "world" will be walking through my house... GULP!!! 

7. I miss my family and friends. We had a couple of Skype dates this past week which are great.  It's so nice to stay connected. I have no idea how we managed before the internet (and I'm old enough to remember!!)

8. People are saying they are going to come and visit so hopefully starting in August we'll see some familiar faces. 

9. Hopefully our good friends (whose daughter just turned 1) will be moving to Roatan in August to live with us until Spring. We lived with them for about a month when their apartment became flooded and loved the 4 moms to 2 babies equation.  They are trying to get pregnant before moving out here (FX for them).

10. Feeding Kaden avocado as I type this.  Hope everyone has a great day!! 

• Good morning! Decided to do TTT early too, before I hop in the shower for work.

1. Happy bday songbird! Hope you have a great day!

2. ball.and.chain still sending you lots of love today. I hope it works out for you to get a new kitty!

3. I'm leaving for another road trip to today - a wedding in NM of some friends that were at our wedding last week. Looking forward to hot weather! (If you want to go somewhere COLD in June, come to Monterey, CA where I live)

4. My boss has been surprisingly cool about me taking time off. It turns out she is in love! Praise the lord! Things go a lot more smoothly at work when she is happy in her personal life.

5. Jazibel's post made me miss avocados in the caribbean. For some reason there they grow to be the size of your head. I loved living there for almost 3 years! And I want to know what show this is so I can see it!

6.  Thinking a lot of SCOTUS today and if Prop 8 will be upheld or not and if we can be married in California.

7. Trying to be open minded and open hearted about post (below) about a three person relationship. This is the kind of thing that critics of same sex marriage run to in saying that marriage shouldn't be changed. In my heart I know that consenting adults can do whatever they please and it is none of my business. I don't understand it, it confuses me, so I'm letting it go.

8.  I have so much work to do before I go on vacation again.

9. Trying to plan a babymoon in late summer or fall in Hawaii. Wife has never been so I'm thinking Kauai but I probably won't be able to do all the hiking I would normally want to do.

10. I need to shower and pack! 

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • imagemollykelley:

2. ball.and.chain still sending you lots of love today. I hope it works out for you to get a new kitty!

3. I'm leaving for another road trip to today - a wedding in NM of some friends that were at our wedding last week. Looking forward to hot weather! (If you want to go somewhere COLD in June, come to Monterey, CA where I live)

9. Trying to plan a babymoon in late summer or fall in Hawaii. Wife has never been so I'm thinking Kauai but I probably won't be able to do all the hiking I would normally want to do.

Thank you!

We are on day 3 of a 90+ heat wave -- it's finally supposed to drop into the high 80s tomorrow and for the rest of the week, but that's not a huge improvement in my mind -- and I would LOVE to be in Monterey right now.  We only have a window unit air conditioner in our bedroom but otherwise the house is very, very hot.

Do you think you will fit in a kayak on your babymoon?  We kayaked in Kauai on our honeymoon and it was great.  But I'm sure you will enjoy yourself wherever you go or whatever you do.

Have fun this weekend!

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• imageMelissa61788:

YES!!!!!!!!  That's what we said.  It's like being on the Bachelorette and we have to choose from 25 of the best of the best.  Not a bad feeling, but it's hard.  We are happy with our choice: a tall man with a clean health record who's easy going, is extroverted, CMV negative (like me), had several positive pregnancies (good swimmers), and is open ID.

My TTT:

1) SCOTUS!!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!! Make up your mind already!!!!!!!!! You're KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) My OBGYN called.  He said he'd do an ultrasound an trigger shot (if my follies are small at u/s time).  So yay!  I just may have my first IUI next cycle!

3) I've been trolling the NOM (National Organization for Marriage) Facebook page and getting myself into an angry tizzy.  I don't know if I like being angry or if I just like keeping tabs on the enemy.

4) Like many of you, I am suffering from insane humidity and am unhappy in my hot, wet, air conditioningless office.

5) I can't believe June is almost over.

6) I spent last weekend around a bunch of babies and pregnant ladies, and I was jealous.  There were 2 sets of twins.  I want a set of twins.

7) I also celebrated my close friend's birthday last weekend.  We went to Chicago and got a picture with her favorite local celebrity, Alpana Singh (one of the few female sommeliers and hosted a PBS show called Check Please).  My friend watched that show every week since she was a child.

8) If I get pregnant next month, I think I'll be due in April... which is very inconvenient for my job, but... baby!

9) My boobs aren't hurting yet and I'm on CD 25. I wonder when that will happen.

10) I need to exercise more but I don't have the energy or motivation.

• imagelbugher:

imageMelissa61788:

YES!!!!!!!!  That's what we said.  It's like being on the Bachelorette and we have to choose from 25 of the best of the best.  Not a bad feeling, but it's hard.  We are happy with our choice: a tall man with a clean health record who's easy going, is extroverted, CMV negative (like me), had several positive pregnancies (good swimmers), and is open ID.

That's exactly what we're looking for too! He has to have blue eyes like K and I would like him to have Polish ancestry as K is 100% Polish :) She says I'm being too picky LOL 

Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1

• imageJazibel:

4. We received confirmation that we are going to be on our FAVORITE house buying internationally cable show.  I love this show and its US counterpart and I guess it has always been a dream of mine that I'd get to be on it. But the email inviting us to be on the show came as a surprise.

5. EV and I made a cute casting video standing in a resort pool with K, talking about our family's recent move to Roatan. In some way it feels great to be validated too because I admit I was a little nervous thinking they might not want the wacky lesbian family.  But the network loved us - hahaha.  

Are you talking about House Hunters (International)?? K and I watch it EVERY night before bed!!!

Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1

• 1. Wasn't sure about doing TTT as I know I am in a REALLY negative mood. Just in a funk that I can't seem to shake.  My wife just loves these "I don't care" funks...NOT.

2. Don't know when we will be able to TTC again. I think my RE is on vacation for this month. Really tired of the not knowing things.....

3. My inner fat girl has decided to come out and visit, and then my other side gets nauseated at what I am eating and I feel like poo

4. I am getting paid well for the summer school  job which will definitely help pay off our wedding debt and credit card bills. My wife absolutely hates any kind of debt so I know this will help get rid of some of her worries.

5. We are still waiting on the IRS to send my DW her return. She filed in February and they have been giving her the run around for 2 months now. Sigh

6. I need to go grocery shopping. Badly. I don't mind the shopping part, I just don't want to put them away when I am done LOL

7. I also volunteer at our animal shelter here in Fl. We have been at a 90% save rate (working towards No Kill status) for the last 3 months...unfortunately the past two weeks have brought in over 30 animals and they have had to put down more than 20 animals. This is just too much for me emotionally right now. Having a hard time dealing with it all. People just abandoning their animals they have had for years...drives me crazy

8. To clean or not to clean...that is my question.

9. the wife and I are going camping (in our air conditioned trailer...that is my idea of roughing it LOL) this weekend so that is something to look forward to

10. I really wish something could help perk me up. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• We love the show too. I post when our episode airs - Fall of this year I think. Big Smile
  • imageATXmommas:

8.  My wife got mad me last night when she found out that I stopped taking my DHA pills.  Still taking my prenatals, of course, but the DHAs are soooo gross.  She's going to order me a different brand, I think.  I know it's good for me and baby, but bleh.

I started using MOR DHA Prenatal, they have some lemon flavoring which takes the fishy edge off. You might like them.

https://www.iherb.com/Minami-Nutrition-MorDHA-Prenatal-Lemon-Flavor-60-Softgels/14338?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=pricegrabber 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• imageclairmeij:
    imageATXmommas:

I started using MOR DHA Prenatal, they have some lemon flavoring which takes the fishy edge off. You might like them.

https://www.iherb.com/Minami-Nutrition-MorDHA-Prenatal-Lemon-Flavor-60-Softgels/14338?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=pricegrabber 

I take PregnancyPlus Omega 3 fish oil capsules...they are lemon flavored too.  I have had lemon burps but no fish burps!  I have only found them online though and at my fertility pharmacy.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• imageball.and.chain:
    imageclairmeij:
    imageATXmommas:

I take PregnancyPlus Omega 3 fish oil capsules...they are lemon flavored too.  I have had lemon burps but no fish burps!  I have only found them online though and at my fertility pharmacy.

Thank you both. I'll look into getting flavored ones. Since I'm vegan well, mostly vegan these days, and 100 vegetarian, I use algae based DHA pills. Will have to see if I can find flavored ones.
  • imagelbugher:

imageMelissa61788:

YES!!!!!!!!  That's what we said.  It's like being on the Bachelorette and we have to choose from 25 of the best of the best.

1) SCOTUS!!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!! Make up your mind already!!!!!!!!! You're KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes to all of these things!!! My spouse and I recently switched donors and both times we chose a donor we joked and laughed about which one was going to get the rose! 

I am also freaking out about SCOTUS...I run a wedding website and keep getting emails and all sort of other things about it and I'm also  researching more things and keep googling and popping on facebook!

Here is my TTT for the week! 

1. C and I had our 5th IUI yesterday. It went fairly smooth (after switching out 4 speculums...funny how these occurances seem "fairly smooth" after 5 IUIs) 

2. We switched to a new donor this time and it is uncanny how similar this donor looks like C when they were both little! 

3. I am considering taking on watching more kids during the day (I currently watch my neice and may take on 2 more). I am excited about this and about the additional income as well :-) 

4. We FINALLY got our pre-approval letter and could be moving into our new home in August! WOW! So excited! 

5. We were able to see C's family this weekend and that was really great! It has been since memorial day and it was fun to hang out with them for a while.

6. My parents are coming into town next weekend and I am excited about that! 

7. I found out yesterday that I only have 4 more classes until I will complete my MBA! yay! I am ready to be done with school! 

8. I am REALLY behind on laundry and my house is looking like one big laundry hamper...it is taking over everything!!! 

9.  I am currently trying to get some work done and it is so hot I can't concentrate...I even have my air on!

10. My best friend and I have a standing phone date on tuesdays...It makes me happy that we have a standing date to catch up and laugh together. 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• So 11 hours later after I started the post here we go....

1. I feel like I keep saying this, but I am pretty sure tonight is our last training before becoming licensed foster parents.  

2. We failed our home inspection last week.  In our defense, the case worker didn't tell us things we needed for the final visit.  Like a evacuation plan posted on each floor and a locked medicine cabinet.  

3. Its not a huge deal to do our home inspection, but we just want to get it over with and move forward.

4. We have the "kids room" all put together.  Now we just need decorations for the walls.  I hope we have girls placed in our home because we have been given a TON of girls clothes!!

5. We have been so lucky to have been given tons of stuff.  A crib, two car seats, clothes, toys and a stroller.

6. Both of our cars have broken down in the same week.  Talk about stressful!!!

7. So my sister is letting me use her car part time and my mom lent us her car for awhile.  We are hoping to have them both fixed in the next two weeks.

8. It has been super hot for the last week.  The good part is that I have a nice tan going on because I have spent so much time at the pool, the bad part is that when I am not at the pool I am sweating constantly.  

9. I am sad that we did not attend Columbus PRIDE last weekend, but it was really hot, we didn't have working cars or money to spend while down there.  

10. I am really hoping the SCOTUS makes the right decision tomorrow.  I am going to be on pins and needles all morning!! 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• imagelbugher:

3) I've been trolling the NOM (National Organization for Marriage) Facebook page and getting myself into an angry tizzy.  I don't know if I like being angry or if I just like keeping tabs on the enemy.

Haha, glad I'm not the only one that does this!!

TTT:

1) I'm also dog-sitting, but on a much more limited scale (picked up my mom's dog around 1:30, she is coming for her at 6:30)

2) Kind of irritated with a friend who was trying to make me feel bad about my dog not being spayed.  Our city just came up with mandatory license fees ($10 per year instead of $8) and several rules going along with it, including if your dog runs off and the license isn't current it will cost up to $500 to bail them out.  I am totally for spaying animals (all the rest of mine are), but right now I have too many other things going on to worry about an added expense (which I was already stressed about), much less made to feel guilty.  The worst part is, I agree with her on most of it, but I think the city could have handled the situation in a better way.  Now there will be abandoned animals in the shelter because they can't afford to bail them out.

3) Enough negativity!  Found out yesterday that the doula we wanted to hire (a friend of ours) had one of her births get pushed up so she can now fit us in!  SO happy about that because I've been panicking about it!

4) Going to Twin Cities Pride this weekend!  We are starting the weekend off by getting our marriage license on Friday!!

5) Not only will we have a license, but we have someone who will do the ceremony!  

6) The person who will be doing the ceremony is actually a pretty well-known person in town who is often hired to emcee events.  He's also a bit of a town drunk and you never know what he's going to say, but I kind of like that because he's pretty hilarious.  

7) The venue for the wedding will be at the historic Depot, with the possibility of getting married on one of the trains.  Pretty cool.

8) I am getting kind of stressed about everything, and it's all coming up so fast I don't know where to start and what projects I need to do first.  Still need to fill out court waiver forms, figure out if we need to pay for a home study (if we do, I don't know how!), fill out a hardship application for my medical bills, get the animal mural panted on the wall, get furniture put together and in the nursery, clean the used things we have gotten from people ... UGH.

9) POSITIVE - Baby shower is next week!  We are having a family shower, then we will a friend shower after the baby is born.  Plus one of my co-workers is throwing a baby shower or a bridal shower at my work .. she doesn't know which yet, lol.

10) I'm hot and tired.  I need to sleep better, while I can!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Not really sure what this is, but I will post ten things kind of like everyone else did!

1. We made our back to back gyno appts for Aug 12!! We just moved so we hope we like this dr. The staff was supportive and friendly though. They did assume we would fo IVF bc we are lesbian lol.

2. I fell down our stairs 3 weeks ago and tore my mcl in my knee. I have been on crutches and it stinks! I started PT today, so I am in pain.

3. I am really sick of not being able to walk, stand, carry things, cook, clean, work, LOOK AT BABY STUFF, etc. see above

4. Our one year wedding anniv is in August, and we might cancel the mini vacay if I cant walk by then. Booooo

5. I am so nervous about the gyno. I am wanting to carry, but I have issues such as hpv, a benign breast tumor and cysts, and irregular cycles. So prob wont be good news next month. Luckily T is just as excited and wants to carry too. Edit: AF came a fews days ago and is welcomed since I totally skipped last month. I feel like its all working right now!!

6. We checked out 4 books on fertility, prebaby diets, infertility treatments, etc. I have to wait for TCOYF to be returned so I can get that.

7. We are starting to chart our cycles now. I am not happy about getting personal with my mucus though lol

8. Our 2 doggies are older but they ironically enough have been peeing in the house recently as well. I wonder what is in the air!

9. We still havent told our family we are TTC. Not sure how they will react. Prob excited, but I am not ready for 50 straight people meddling in our business and offering advice.

10. I should start my fertility diet, but since Im home alone while T works, I will just drink my Dr. Pepper and Oreos I took forever to drag upstairs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"