TTC after 35
Options

Article: How Long Can You Wait to Have a Baby?

How Long Can You Wait to Have a Baby?

Deep anxiety about the ability to have children later in life plagues many women. But the decline in fertility over the course of a woman?s 30s has been oversold. Here?s what the statistics really tell us?and what they don?t.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

Re: Article: How Long Can You Wait to Have a Baby?

• Options

I really like this point

Another problem looms even larger: women who are actively trying to get pregnant at age 35 or later might be less fertile than the average over-35 woman. Some highly fertile women will get pregnant accidentally when they are younger, and others will get pregnant quickly whenever they try, completing their families at a younger age. Those who are left are, disproportionately, the less fertile. Thus, ?the observed lower fertility rates among older women presumably overestimate the effect of biological aging,? 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    on42on42 member

I really enjoyed this article. There is just no one definitive when it comes to getting pregnant, which I especially appreciate after an unexpected pregnancy (I thought I was infertile). 

Anyway, this article reminded me of this great TED talk with Meg Jay: Why 30 is Not the New 20. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/meg_jay_why_30_is_not_the_new_20.html 

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    Interesting article, and encouraging!  Thanks for posting
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    Thank you! Very interesting article. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"