Secondary IF
Options

Officially cancelled and very discouraged.

Our 2nd attempt at IVF was officially cancelled this morning after my ultrasound confirmed that I'm not responding to the meds.  I did 5 days of Chlomid this time and 7 days of Follistim.  I'm really bummed and having an extremely hard time remaining positive.  I'm going to talk to my RE later today to see what our options are.  DH and I had a brief conversation about using a donor egg and although we're both on board with this option, I'm just not sure we can afford it.  We already spent just under $11,000 for an IVF package.  The anonymous donor package is an additional $10,000 on top of that. 

Anyone out there have success with IVF after having your cycle(s) cancelled?  I'm really trying to remain positive but I'm starting to think nothing will stimulate things for me.   

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

Re: Officially cancelled and very discouraged.

• Options
    I don't have any advice but wanted to say I'm so sorry your cycle was cancelled. Virtual hugs coming your way. :(

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• Options
    I am so sorry! I wish you all the best in the future and sending you hugs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry you were cancelled.  It sucks so much when we do everything we can, and our bodies just don't cooperate.  I hope your doctor is able to figure out a protocol that works great for you with a future attempt. 

When I am really down about all of this, the best thing I can do is find something else to take my mind off of it (a good book, taking DS to do something fun, etc.).  Don't know if that helps or not, but I think it really helps me.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"