LGBT Parenting

ATXmommas

I just wanted to let you know I am excited someone else from Texas is on here now! I know I don't post much anymore so please don't take that as creepy stalker.

My partner M and I just welcomed our baby boys earlier this year and live about 2 hours SE of Austin NW of Houston.

Again not trying to be creepy stalker I am sure someone here will vouch for me lol just really excited to see someone from the same area as we are. The boys keep me so busy I don't get to post much.

Congrats on your pregnancy and so sorry about your loss! Welcome to the board as well.
M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: ATXmommas

• Hahaha!  I wouldn't have thought you were a creepy stalker, but thanks for clarifying. ;-)

Are you from Texas?  I'm a transplant.  I moved to Austin in 2004 (9 years ago - gasp!) and it's home now.  I'm originally from Mississippi and went to college/grad school at the University of Alabama.  Moved to Austin right after grad school.  Love, love, love it.

Congrats on your little boys.  Adorable!  Hard to believe I'll have one of those in my house in a few months. :) 

Thanks for introducing yourself - and stay cool!  I'm sure you have it worse than we do in Austin. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your baby boys! My DW and I just moved from Dallas to MD so we could have a legal marriage and more rights as parents when we do have our family. I would love to hear your experiences of raising children in TX. Dallas is way more conservative and judgemental than the Austin area, but still curious none the less.
  • Loading the player...
  • Penguin - I would worry about that too in most places in Texas, but Austin is so GLBT friendly that I'm not terribly concerned.  We planned and had our wedding here and all the vendors were lovely to work with - quite different than if we had planned our wedding in Mississippi, for instance (where I'm originally from).

I'm also grateful that we know other lesbian families here so that our child can see other families that look like his.

How long have you been in Maryland now?  Are you enjoying milder summer weather? 

• I am in Houston! I don't post much, but thought I'd say hey. 
  • It is really nice to have fellow southerners.  We are both originally from this area and both grew up in small towns around here. 

As far as raising our boys here, we haven't run into too many funny looks although I am sure we will have some.  I am not too concerned with raising our boys here.  We live in a pretty liberal area.  We do eventually want to buy acreage and build a house so we have to think about the schools and closed mindedness of the area we move to. 

If anyone wants to do a southern get together I am totally down.  We are always up to meeting new people and making new friends. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"