Adoption

Foster parenting dog breed restrictions?

Does anyone know if they discriminate based on breed of dogs when considering a foster family. We have the most wonderful Pit Bull and am really hoping she doesn't disqualify us from becoming foster parents.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Foster parenting dog breed restrictions?

• Thanks! I will call.
  • I know in our county there are no breed restrictions.  However for each animal in the home, they conduct a pretty complete interview (with the humans) about their health, vaccination schedule, exposure to kids, etc.  In our county it wouldn't be a problem as long as the dog was good around kids and didn't pose a threat of any kind.
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't even have to show vaccination records. I was surprised about that. Our home study asked if pets are well cared for. Our SW took one look at our Corgi and said "yeah, there is no doubt she is well taken care of and loved."
    Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have no advice, but just wanted to say we have a pittie too and she's the best! :)

Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks all! We have our orientation Wednesday squeeee so I will bring it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"