Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Cytototec?

This is my 3rd m/c but I lost the other two naturally. This time my body isn't getting the message and I go in Wednesday to get cytototec to induce it. I am scared half to death. Has anyone taken this and can talk me down? I should be 7 1/2 weeks but last week there was nothing but an empty sac. :( thank you.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: Cytototec?

• Options
    I just took it Thursday afternoon because my body didn't get it either. I am sorry for your loss. My baby's heart stopped beating at 8w5d. My Dr proscribed me vicodin for the cramping. I was very scared and sademotional a heating pad was my best friend along with the vicodin. Please message me if you need or want to talk. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this hard time.
    Me and DH 27 DD 4.5 TTC since June 2011 once IUD was removed Irregular AF since removal Fertilaid 9/2012-10/2012 finally regularity with AF 11/2012 spotting for a week no AF
  • Options
    I took it. I was at the hospital while I went through the m/c. Take all the pain meds they give you. It felt like really bad period cramping, and very heavy bleeding. After I passed the sac, it slowed way down. It hurt but with the pain meds it wasn't unbearable. The emotional pain made it harder to deal with the physical pain. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope the cytotec works for you and that it's not too painful.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both. I appreciate you sharing with me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options

During my first prenatal appt. at 7 weeks had an u/s and measured 5 weeks, 3 days. I was told to come back in a week for another u/s. Measured 5 weeks, 6 days. Empty sac, and inevitable miscarriage. I chose to take cytotec rather than wait for nature to take its course. Took it last Tues. at 3:30 p.m. Light cramping started in an hour, maybe 90 min. By 8 p.m. I was in terrible pain.  It was difficult to stand. I was sweating profusely and very hot. Had constant diarrhea. I started having contractions that lasted about 90 sec, then 30 sec of relief. I sat on the toilet for about 45 min. doubled over. I was bleeding steadily, but not profusely. Passed some clots, but am not aware of passing any tissue/masses. Eventually I was able to move to a chair, and I stayed doubled over on the chair until about 10 p.m. I was freezing cold at this point. The cramping finally eased up at that point.

I was not prescribed any meds for pain, so I was only taking Advil. I have read that others did get prescription pain meds - I think its needed. Wish I had some to get me through it. I twas miserable. I also suggest having a heating pad. It helped with the cramping and with the chills.  You'll also want to have someone there with you, and make sure you've got someone to take care of your kids. I would want them out of the house, personally. 

Stayed home from work on Weds., but felt quite a bit better. Still bleeding, but nothing more than a normal period. Was kind of dazed by the whole thing, so was more emotionally distracted than physically "sick." By Thurs. and Fri., it was more like brown spotting. Friday night I went to the gym, ran two miles miles and lifted weights. Felt fine after. Saturday, felt terrible. Extreme cramping. Started bleeding again, like a normal period. Spent most of the day in bed with a heating pad. Now it's Sunday and I'm still crampy and bleeding again. I plan to keep my workouts lighter for the coming week.

My biggest worry is that the miscarriage is incomplete because I didn't pass any tissue or really significant clots. Since I measured only 5 weeks and my doc said there was not much in there, I really hope that's why I didn't pass more.  

I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope this story helps you somewhat. Take care of yourself.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"