December 2011 Moms
Options

Swollen Nodes after MMR*UPDATE*

My daughter had the MMR and Hep A vaccines 2 weeks ago. We delayed them till 18 months and delayed her varicella vaccine to next month. After swimming today I notice a large spot on the front of her hip on the right side. I figured it was a lymph node but it was quite swollen. Larger than an olive. I took her to the pediatrician who said it was most likely an infected lymph node from the MMR. (it was given in that leg) We have her on antibiotics now. Anyone else experience this.

We went back to the Pediatrician today. The lymph node measured exactly the same as it did at our last visit. We are stopping the antibiotic we were given last time and starting a stronger antibiotic. We were told to give it 2 full days and if it doesn't go down then we will go back for blood work.

Re: Swollen Nodes after MMR*UPDATE*

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Sorry I have not experienced this, but hopes the lump goes away soon! I do remember my pedi mentioning this as a possible side effect though.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    I figured it was the MMR but the lymph node has swelled so much. It is very tender. She keeps pulling her diaper off because it rubs the area. If I touch her leg around and about 2 inches below the area she screeches and cringes. I am going to give the antibiotics a few days and if it isn't getting better I will call the doc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member
    How is she doing? Has the swelling gone down with the antibiotics? 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    It hasn't gotten any larger which is supposed to be a good sign that nothing more serious is going on. However, if it has gotten smaller it isn't enough to notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"