October 2013 Moms

EDD for nursery?

I know so many ladies that have had their babies early!
One had her little girl at 30 weeks! :baby was doing great in there but mom has always had health issues and her preeclampsia got so bad they had to take LO out early: this was back in April and both are doing perfectly!
Another friend of mine just had her little girl at exactly 37 weeks. Full term...yay! But she was just talking about getting all her baby clothes washed and finishing the nursery. Then boom...she's here!
Oy!
I cannot imagine leaving anything to the last few weeks because you just never know when our lo's will decide to be done cooking!
My plan is to have everything done and ready by Labor Day...I'm due oct. 18.
When are you ladies hoping to have everything done by?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: EDD for nursery?

• By end of August is the goal. We are moving from Boston to southern Maryland in 2 weeks so everything is 100 packed up. I can't wait to get started!

• Ours is all set up and ready
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We already have all our baby stuff from DD1 so thankfully we don't have to worry about getting everything before baby arrives.

We plan on painting the nursery next month, towards the end of the month. I'm really eager to do it! I will work on projects little by little until baby arrives, like her name letters, little decor things, etc.

I want to get rid of our hutch that is currently residing in the nursery along with the changing table. I either want to get an old dresser to paint or find a nice solid white one. Depending on our budget and how much time we have depends on what we go with. DD2's nursery will have no closet so I really want a dresser/changing table combo for space and storage reasons. 

• elllafelllaf member
    imageyesthisiskim0401:

I want to get rid of our hutch that is currently residing in the nursery along with the changing table. I either want to get an old dresser to paint or find a nice solid white one. Depending on our budget and how much time we have depends on what we go with. DD2's nursery will have no closet so I really want a dresser/changing table combo for space and storage reasons.nbsp;

Can you repurpose the hutch as a closet for the LO?? That might help give you more storage in addition to the dresser changing table combo!
  • elllafelllaf member
    imagebabyLOLO13:
    By end of August is the goal. We are moving from Boston to southern Maryland in 2 weeks so everything is 100 packed up. I can't wait to get started!

Good luck with the move! It will be great setting up everything in a new space!
  • elllafelllaf member
    imagebeernifer:
    We just finished decorating, but our families are in town next weekend for our shower so I wanted the room done to show off. I just finished deep cleaning the entire house this weekend. I plan to have my bag packed at the end of August, but happy I have all my other stuff done. It is so hot here in July, I didn't want to leave anything on the table for me to try to do. I am due 10/3. End of June was my schedule and I am right on track!

Good for you!
    And I didn't think about packing the bag!
    More lists to make of things to do!!!
  • elllafelllaf member
    imageHeather91011:
    Ours is all set up and ready

Impressive! We still haven't bought a crib yet! I love spending time in the room though. I read the carseat manual in there today on the rocker. He was kicking me the whole time. :D

A friend of mine had her son's nursery done by 8 weeks. Crib, changing table, paint, rocker etc. Only thing she did throughout her pregnancy was add decorations and put away and reorganize gifts. Cray!
  • ZulixxZulixx member
    I don't even get to start until the beginning of October : mobile sad face : I'm due towards the end. Hopefully this little girl is like me and takes her time.but with my luck she will be right on time or early.
  • elllafelllaf member
    imageZulixx:
    I don't even get to start until the beginning of October : mobile sad face : I'm due towards the end. Hopefully this little girl is like me and takes her time.but with my luck she will be right on time or early.

Why do you have to wait until then?

Petdoc what color did you choose?!
  • imageelllaf:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:
    I want to get rid of our hutch that is currently residing in the nursery along with the changing table. I either want to get an old dresser to paint or find a nice solid white one. Depending on our budget and how much time we have depends on what we go with. DD2's nursery will have no closet so I really want a dresser/changing table combo for space and storage reasons.nbsp;
    Can you repurpose the hutch as a closet for the LO?? That might help give you more storage in addition to the dresser changing table combo!

You have no idea how long I have wanted to get rid of this stupid hutch!!! LOL! DH's friend gave it to us when we moved in together in FL. It is made of all particle board and was beat to hell by his three kids. We attempted to stain it before DD1 was born and it looks even uglier now. I wanted to leave it in FL when we moved to GA but DH insisted it was great for storage. I keep all my craft supplies in there but really, it's an eye sore. Now I have a legit reason to make DH part with it and I am running with it!! 

• imageelllaf:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:

This is what I was thinking. I have seen (on pintrest of course) hutches turned into dressers/closets and I love the look! 

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • elllafelllaf member
    imageyesthisiskim0401:

imageelllaf:
    imageyesthisiskim0401:

You have no idea how long I have wanted to get rid of this stupid hutch!!! LOL! DH's friend gave it to us when we moved in together in FL. It is made of all particle board and was beat to hell by his three kids. We attempted to stain it before DD1 was born and it looks even uglier now. I wanted to leave it in FL when we moved to GA but DH insisted it was great for storage. I keep all my craft supplies in there but really, it's an eye sore. Now I have a legit reason to make DH part with it and I am running with it!! 

Hahaha well that's totally different! I was picturing a beautiful oak hutch with double doors or something haha.
    Put that thing in the garage so dh can still use it for storage but you don't have to look at it all the time!
  • imageelllaf:
    imageHeather91011:
    Ours is all set up and ready

Impressive! We still haven't bought a crib yet! I love spending time in the room though. I read the carseat manual in there today on the rocker. He was kicking me the whole time. :D

A friend of mine had her son's nursery done by 8 weeks. Crib, changing table, paint, rocker etc. Only thing she did throughout her pregnancy was add decorations and put away and reorganize gifts. Cray!

Wow 8 weeks? That's amazing!!
    We're done because my husband has weekends off for now but will go back to working weekends soon so we wanted to make sure everything was ready
    imageimage
  • Our "nursery" will be a corner on our master bedroom. We are moving when baby is 4 months old and don't feel like putting forth the effort to convert the third bedroom into a full nursery (it is currently our den/TV room) but we are decorating his corner. 

So far we have the crib set up and the bouncy seat put together. I have the swing in a box and a bunch of baby toys in a box piled next to it right now. We need to get a toy shelf for him and to finish painting his dresser, it's half way done now. I also want to find a rug and some more decorative stuff. I am in the middle of making his mobile too. My goal is to be done in by at least the end of summer, DD1 starts kindergarten this year so while it seems ill have all day with just DD2 to accomplish more things I doubt it will pan put that way. 

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am hoping to have mine done by the end of the July.  I plan on painting in the beginning of the month.  I ordered the furniture last week. DH has to move his office furniture out of the room we are planning to use as the nursey.  I would like to have it done before I am extra huge in August.

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• imageelllaf:
    Hahaha well that's totally different! I was picturing a beautiful oak hutch with double doors or something haha. Put that thing in the garage so dh can still use it for storage but you don't have to look at it all the time!

That idea isn't half bad!! Especially because our garage needs to be reorganized... 

• End of August, beginning of September. My baby shower is August 31st, so all I want to do is finish last minute things and wait out the month.
  • No nursery, just a nook for us in the master bedroom.

I am due 10/6 and hoping for it to be done by 9/1. It is just a bassinet and I am ordering a picture from etsy and making a little mobile.

Since we have everything from DD1 and 2 I feel like we are pretty much ready.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • All of his furniture is set up and we will have both showers (one for H's side and one for mine) by Labor Day weekend. Once we figure out anything we don't have, we will complete our registry within the next week and it'll be done.
  • We just got some paint chips this week and I ordered the bedding. As soon as the bedding is here we'll pick the paint. DH is off at the end of July and I'm thinking he'll paint then. After that all we have to do is move the crib upstairs & put together.  I'm not really in a huge rush, so I'm guessing we'll be done in Sept.

• I'm due Oct 24th. (although LO is measuring ahead so we'll see what that really means) 

I just painted the nursery! Yippie!!!! The crib is on its way and I just need to get the dresser and rocker. 

My goal was to have the major items set up by July 25th cause I go to MI for my shower with the H's side of the family. I wanted a clean space to bring all the goods back to.

My NYC shower isn't until Sept 21st at which point i'll be around 35w. It'll be a lot of washing, organizing, returning the week after.

• We're moving in September so I won't be able to set up until mid or end of September. It makes me a little nervous, but it's what we have to do to save money.
  • considering i have only bought one single picture as my nursery inspiration, i am hoping to be done by end of August ha

• We are moving next weekend so I haven't done much of anything.  I have accumulated a big box of random baby items, but I haven't bought any nursery items yet because I don't want to have to move them and I'm still holding out for an awesome craigslist find.  I'm SO ready to get his nursery ready though.  It's going to be my quiet place to go and relax when DH, DD and the pup are causing their normal chaos. 

Baby shower is tentatively dated towards the end of August but before football gets going good since the SEC and the Saints rules the lives of everyone here, including my own. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Sometime in 2014.

He'll sleep in our room for a while.. I would love it if he happens to be a super sleeper and can end up sharing a room with DD.. We never took her crib down when she transitioned to a twin, so it's just hanging out in her room.

His room is sort of half playroom/half nursery right now.  It's already yellow, so that's fine, and there's a changing table, glider, and pack n play in there. (I am a nanny and sometimes work out of my house, so I still occasionally need my baby stuff). There are also some toys and books, and DD kind of uses it as her "arts and crafts" room.. The contents of which are taking up the whole closet... I am going to be sad to have to figure out where to put all that stuff, maybe he won't need a closet for a while. ;) 

DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • I'm hoping before school starts again. I have 2 rooms to do since DS will be moving into the guest bedroom, and we are re doing the nursery for a girl. I've got DS's curtains, crib skirt and 1 out of 3 crib sheets made. Only 2 more sheets and 3 change pad covers to go. Then we have to paint his room and move him. After that I have the same process in baby girls room, adding to it that we have to refinish a dresser. Going to be a loooong summer
  • Nursery will be done before LO is 4 months old but preferably 3 months old. We are moving in November so I can't really do much. I'm not too concerned about it since he won't be using it the first few months anyways.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow you girls are on top of things. I've bought nothing. Literally. We're military and will have orders to move a month or two after she's born so she'll be enjoying a pack n play in the master closet no room for it in the tiny master bedroom for a few weeks. I'll worry about her room in our next house. The one thing doing this a third time has taught me is that there's so much you don't need or use so I'm not feeling overwhelmed at all about having nothing.
  • I'm totally done!!!
  • Eh. Even if you are a few weeks early, it's not like baby really needs a completed nursery. And clothes are easy to wash. It's not like they have to be done in advance.

Sure. If you're like me, you want a fine nursery pre arrival. But it's not the end of the world if it's not done. And especially if you deliver as early as 30 weeks, I'm sure the last thing you are concerned with is whether or not the nursery is complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"