VBAC
Options

Hiring a doula for vbacs...

I was planning on hiring a doula for my vbac birth early next year. However, a very good friend of mine has offered to doula for us free of charge as part of her doula certification. I trust her and would love to have her there just wondering if its necessary for whatever doula we use to have specific vbac experience? What difference does that make? Does anyone have any insight?

Re: Hiring a doula for vbacs...

• Options

I don't think it would matter.  My doula didn't do anything differently for a vbac.  They are more of a support system than anything and vbacs are just normal births after a csection!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it is necessary.  I would want a doula who understands the emotional side of having a VBAC, and knows how to help promote vaginal birth, but they don't necessarily need to have VBAC experience for those things.  A doula who is just getting certified may not be as experienced in general, but it also doesn't mean she can't support you well.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"