Two Under 2
Options

Sharing a room vs 2 nurseries?

Thinking about having baby #2 share a room with DD who will be 13 months when #2 is born. I'm worried they will wake each other up but babies have lived in close proximity to siblings for centuries so maybe it's not that big an issue?? Experienced parenting stories wanted!

Re: Sharing a room vs 2 nurseries?

• Options
    My kids are just shy of thirteen months apart and has always shared a room. They adapted to the noise and sleep through anything now. A lot of nights they end up in the same bed since they're attached a the hip. Lol. It's really cute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My girls just started sharing a room at almost 3 years old and 16 months.  So far the 2.5 year old doesn't wake the 16 month old when she sings herself to sleep and the 16 month old doesn't wake up her sister when she wakes up extra early in the morning.  They have only been sharing a room for 5 nights and already don't bother each other.  We do use a white noise machine to help though.

i think sharing a room right off the bat would be easier than making the transition later because sharing will be all that they know. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no experience yet but my thought is to have baby sleep in the room with me until he sleeps through the night then he will go in the room with his brother. I will have the baby take naps during the day in the crib just so he gets used to it. 

Pinky 12/07 : Sparky 02/12 : Rocky 08/13 

• Options
    My 2 are 13.5 months apart and we opted for 2 rooms. We are so grateful that we did this because my youngest is still not STTN consistently at almost 19 months. My 1st a very light sleeper, so I can only imagine how this would have played out had they shared a room. That being said, my kids are literally attached at the hip, so I can see them sharing a room in the near future just because they want to be together. I'd be fine with that. 
  • Options
    Our boys are a little less than 13 months apart and share a room.  We waited until DS2 slept through the night to move him in with DS1.  Yes, on occasion one of them will wake up and cry during the night, but 99% of the time, the other sleeps through it.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  :D Looking forward to seeing how it goes. I still haven't decided what we are doing.  I think I'll wait until we get a little further along and see how I'm feeling then. 
  • Options

imageKC_13:
    My kids are just shy of thirteen months apart and has always shared a room. They adapted to the noise and sleep through anything now. A lot of nights they end up in the same bed since they're attached a the hip. Lol. It's really cute.

I love this! I'm really just a lurker on this board, since I'm about to start TTC and have an 8 month old, but it's posts like this that make me so anxious to get pregnant!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"