October 2011 Moms
Options

Who does this?

I just got a call from a little girl asking if she can come play at my house next Friday from 9 am to 3 pm.

What was wrong with this: (I'm not blaming the girl BTW)

1. I did not know who I was speaking to.
  2. She was inviting herself over.
  3. When you need a babysitter grow a pair and pick up the phone and call me.  Do not put your 6 year old daughter on the phone  and try to disguise this as a play date, especially since I have not seen you or  your kids since last fall.
  4. I bet you money that her little sister will be dropped off as well.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg

Re: Who does this?

• Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

Yeah...9-3 isn't a playdate, it's daycare.

To answer your question of who does this: a lazy/cheap parent is my best guess.

BINGO!

They used to live ac ouple streets away but I think they got foreclosed on...they bred dogs and never cleaned up dog crap on their lawn.  EVER! 

• Options
    That is odd... And pretty crappy.

Reminds me of something similar we are currently living at my MILs until we buy another house, and a little girl comes over almost every night to ask MIL if there is any housework the girl can do for a dollar. But I don't know if the girls parents know she is doing that or not... Odd.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Penny, you are a better woman that I. I would have said no.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageNita2603:

I would have asked to speak to her mom and made her ask me like a human being! You're a saint, Penny! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMs.Jade:

imageNita2603:

I would have asked to speak to her mom and made her ask me like a human being! You're a saint, Penny! 

I ended up getting the dad on the phone because my kids have swimming lessons so I would have to bring her too.  I won't drive kids without their parents consent.  I confirmed times also and he said "yeah he would pick her up after his shift"

• Options

That's just really weird...

You're kind for agreeing. ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:
    It's a husband, wife, and one teenage child and I've seen them all outside plenty so it's not like they can't handle the sun or anything. It just makes me wonder what they're hiding.nbsp;

When you see them out are they...shimmering...?

• Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:
    imagepennysuedog:
    BINGO!

They used to live ac ouple streets away but I think they got foreclosed on...they bred dogs and never cleaned up dog crap on their lawn.  EVER! 

Ugh that is so gross!  We have neighbors like that except they only have 1 small dog thank goodness.  I swear there yard is more poop than grass.  Ick!  We keep T far away from their place. 

^These are also the same neighbors who have never had their windows open or their shades up in their house. Ever. In the 4+ years I've lived by them I've never seen a single window you could look through even on the second floor. Some windows even have pillows and blankets stuffed in them from the inside to keep the light out. It's....odd. It's a husband, wife, and one teenage child and I've seen them all outside plenty so it's not like they can't handle the sun or anything. It just makes me wonder what they're hiding. 

Super, I bet they are hoarders.. that'd be my guess.

Any Penny, I would've told the parents I was going OOT that day or something, that's wicked annoying they did that!  You must have a heart of gold or something!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"