Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Who have you confided in?

Hi All,

I posted a while back hoping I wouldn't be a regular on this board, but, alas my 1st pregnancy was not viable after a year of trying. Took Cytotec last week to finalize the miscarriage but, had to take it again and may need a D&C anyway... I have good and bad days and DH is great at telling me we'll get through this but, it's hard when I haven't told any of my friends or family (I'm not on speaking terms with my mother or sister and they have brought my entire side of the family into their drama). What's even more difficult is my SIL and I would have been due on the same date, and she just let the news out to everyone, plus my other SIL just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. DH told his mother about our mc and I speculate she may have told my SILs as the family knows we've been TTC but, as we were waiting until after 12 weeks to let anyone know about the pregnancy we of course haven't mentioned the mc... I feel like I have no one to talk to,  none of my friends have gone through this and I hate being a Debby Downer. Have you all shared your experience with anyone besides your partner?

Re: Who have you confided in?

• Options

Hi there, 

I am normally a pretty private person, but due to the amount of blood work appointments and ultrasounds after my miscarriage I decided to let the ladies I work with know, as well as my friends, my parents told my brothers too.

I know it is a tough conversation, especially when they didn't know you were pregnant at all, but it is worth it. You need to feel supported, and even those who have not gone through a MC can be someone to lean on. 

Sorry for your loss. Everyday it gets a little easier. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    I've told a few people at work - and they have all been great, but if they have not gone through it they really don't "get" it.  I've found this board to be the best place - for me at least!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ::hugs::
    First I would like to say I'm sorry for your loss.

I told my immediate family and some close friebds. They were a great support even if they didn't really get it as they had not experienced this.

What really also helps is this board. All of these women are here for each other and are supportive. ::hugs::

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be especially hard being due at the same time as your SIL. But like a PP poster mentioned when I told some co workers and friends what had happened I found out a few of them also had suffered a miscarriage as well. So it helped to have someone to talk to. And I'm sorry about your mom and family situation. That's always hard. But you'll get through this!
  • Options

My situation was different because I had an early ultrasound and it went well so we told all family and co-workers and close friends. Then we had to untell everyone. 

I'm sure it's hard either way and I had just wished that we hadn't told everyone but after reading this board, I realize that it would have been much harder to go through it alone.

Best wishes. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    I had told a number of friends, and work but we were waiting to get family in person to tell them. So I had to untelling everyone. And DH wanted to tell family still. So mine heard on Sunday, Happy Father's Day, and his will know tomorrow Happy Birthday DH. My family has been supportive, my girlfriends are devastated, my work has been supportive. I sent an email at work and let them know I couldn't talk too much yet. I'm afraid when I start crying, it won't stop.... Everyone has been sympathetic and understanding. You have to decide if it is easier for you to have them know and comment or not know and fake it til you make it... Thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss. And for your family situation that makes you have to find advice here hugs
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"