VBAC
Options

High risk VBAC??

MattelMattel member

Hey ladies. 

I haven't been active on TB since my daughter was born, but we have just started TTC #2 so I'm back at it :) With DD, I had a non-emergency C-section. I am diabetic and that had a lot to do with out decision to go for the C/S. My diabetes was pretty well managed throughout my pregnancy and I was followed very closely by my perinatologist. LO was completely healthy. The more I think about it, the more bummed I get that I never experienced labor and would really like to with our next LO. I've been reading a lot about VBACs and most of what I read says the same - that in order to have a VBAC you have to have a healthy, normal pregnancy. Almost everything I've seen says that a pre-existing condition, such as diabetes, pretty much means no go for VBAC. Does anyone have any insight or information on this? 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: High risk VBAC??

• Options

I know there are women on this board with GD, which I know is not the same as starting the pregnancy with Type 1 diabetes, but they have doctors that are letting them try for a VBAC.  I'd discuss your desires with your current OB, and perhaps explore some others if you don't get the response you want.

If it's something you'll regret, it's at least worth a little investigation.  Good luck!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would recommend getting in touch with your local ICAN chapter to find out who the VBAC supportive caregivers in your area are. My doctor would be perfectly comfortable letting you VBAC even with pre-existing conditions, so there are those out there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"