Secondary IF

Moving on...

DH and I made the decision today to not go forward with IVF. With my POF we felt the chance of success was just too small to warrant all the money we'd be spending. Not to mention the medications and months of stress. So we are ready to accept our family of three, be eternally grateful for DD and move on with our lives. I've spent so much of the past 2+ years being anxious, poked, prodded, peeing on sticks, having false hope etc. that I just want it to be over. I feel relieved with our decision and that I can finally get my life back. TTC#2 had taken over so much of my life and created so much stress. Thank you everyone for the support and I wish you all the best and good luck! 
Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving on...

• Best of luck and I am glad you will get some free time. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry your journey didn't end the way you wanted it to, but I hope making this decision will bring you some peace.  I know how consuming this can be, and you deserve to not be consumed by it anymore.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• Loading the player...
  • Best of luck!  I'm trying to muster up the courage to do the same after 2.5 years but it's really hard to let go.  You're a tough mama, enjoy your newfound free time and your daughter!
    Katherine 3 YO Olivia Ann TTC since Oct. 2010 image image
  • I know how difficult it is to make that decision. I'm glad you have made peace with your decision and I hope you continue to enjoy and celebrate your family of 3.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• I am so sorry you are at the end of this journey without a positive outcome. I wish you all the luck in the future and who knows, maybe another door will open sometime (donor eggs? Adoption?) If not, I hope you enjoy enjoying your family of 3. Thanks for all the support you have given, come back & visit if you ever feel like it!! 
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I'm sorry that this isn't what you had hoped for but I'm happy that you feel content and relieved with your decision. We have a similar diagnosis and have recently started the discussions about being OAD. I can only imagine how hard it is to get to that point. You've had a long hard journey. Two years is such a long time to endure all that stress. Enjoy your family and come back here if you ever need anything. :)
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"