Secondary IF

Update - ovaries are "on vacation"

This is what the ultrasound tech said when I went in for my monitoring appointment this morning.  After 5 days of Chlomid and 3 days of Follistim, on CD 11, nothing is happening.  The ultrasound tech said, "Hmm, looks like your ovaries are taking a vacation."  :-(  The nurse said basically the same thing.  My RE will evaluate everything after they get my bloodwork back and determine if I should continue with Follistim to see if any follicles pop up, or cancel this cycle.

I'm beyond frustrated.  Maybe this is it and I just don't have it in me to produce enough follicles/eggs for IVF.  I try really hard not to let IF control my life or get me down but today... I just want to feel sorry for myself.

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

Re: Update - ovaries are "on vacation"

• How frustrating, I'm so sorry.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I am taking a board break so I haven't been around but I was lurking today and saw your post.

Being cancelled or waiting to be cancelled is the worst. I know how you feel so hang in there.

I've only been on Clomid for IUI attempts cant they jump start your ovaries with follistim and menopur? I've never seen Clomid in the mix for IVF. Worth a try to ask. If you have low responding ovaries, that might help. Good luck. Hang in there. I hope you're ovaries start doing their job!:
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKaselleck:
    I am taking a board break so I haven't been around but I was lurking today and saw your post. Being cancelled or waiting to be cancelled is the worst. I know how you feel so hang in there. I've only been on Clomid for IUI attempts cant they jump start your ovaries with follistim and menopur? I've never seen Clomid in the mix for IVF. Worth a try to ask. If you have low responding ovaries, that might help. Good luck. Hang in there. I hope you're ovaries start doing their job!:

I tried Follistim and Menopur the first time around and my cycle was cancelled because I didn't respond.  My RE said many women have success with the combination of  Chlomid and Follistim but apparently I'm not one of them.  I just found out that he wants me to continue with Follistim through the weekend and go back on Monday.

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

• I just wanted to say I'm so sorry. That just sucks to put out all the time and emotional toll and not get a response at all. I hope things turn around soon. 
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"