Pre-School and Daycare

anyone done dance and gymnastics

DD's done dance for the past 2 years, this summer I'm going to try here in gymnastics.  I think she may prefer it because she's very active and I think dance is a little slow for her.  Which did your girl prefer?  I took her to a trial class, which she loved, and I dressed her in her dance leotard, but it seemed to keep giving her a wegie wearing it without tights. Does it make a difference having an official gymnastic leotard. 

Re: anyone done dance and gymnastics

• We put DD in gymnastics when shew as 2 1/2 b/c she needed to be pushed physically. She's still in it and likes it a lot. She has not done dance, but from what I've seen in dance at this age, I think gymnastics does push them a little more. I also like gym. b/c we don't have to worry about costumes and recitals and all of that, which also makes it cheaper. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is currently in a summer program for 6 weeks where she does 20 min. gymnastics, 20 min. of ballet and 20 min. of tap...  two times a week.  She's loving it.  I really thought she'd be all about the gymnastics part - but she REALLY loves the ballet part.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemommymegan831:
    DD's done dance for the past 2 years, this summer I'm going to try here in gymnastics.  I think she may prefer it because she's very active and I think dance is a little slow for her.  Which did your girl prefer?  I took her to a trial class, which she loved, and I dressed her in her dance leotard, but it seemed to keep giving her a wegie wearing it without tights. Does it make a difference having an official gymnastic leotard. 

Both of my DDs are in gymnastics (they are almost 5 and 2.5) and they wear biketards.  I like them better than the normal leotard but I am sure the normal dance leotard is fine for the class if it's not bothering her.

We usually get ours at Target

https://www.target.com/p/freest-bg-bodysuit-black-cat/-/A-14375219

• imagemeg1974:
    We put DD in gymnastics when shew as 2 1/2 b/c she needed to be pushed physically. She's still in it and likes it a lot. She has not done dance, but from what I've seen in dance at this age, I think gymnastics does push them a little more. I also like gym. b/c we don't have to worry about costumes and recitals and all of that, which also makes it cheaper. 

All of this.  DD has done gymnastics for about 3 years now and loves it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    DD has done gymnastics starting with a Mommy and Me class at 18 mo to now where she is in an independent class for 45 min 1x per week. I've asked her several times ifs he wants to do dance but she tells me no b/c she's afraid to do the show (I'm assuming she means the recital). Gymnastics has definitely helped with DD"s coordination, confidence and strength.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"