Single Parents
Options

BD in car accident

Hey guys-

I guess I'm mostly conflicted about the news I heard. BD was in a nearly fatal car accident, his psychotic girlfriend was driving and hit a car.  I wasn't given all the details but I heard she walked away virtually unscathed which tells me she was hammered.  BD is banged up pretty badly and contacted me to try to talk.  He said nearly dying gave him some perspective and that he wants to be there for DD.  I told him that I still didn't want him to see her in person, that if he really changed he had to prove it.  However, I did concede to allow him to see pictures. I posted a status last night on facebook that the ban of pictures was lifted and one of my best friends asked me why.  I had told her about the accident earlier in the day and then she went off on me about it.  She told me that I was being too nice and that he keeps telling me that he's changed and I keep believing him.  I think she thinks he is attempting to get back together, even though she knows I'm seeing someone (and I told this to BD too).

I don't wish death on anyone.  Not even the psycho (I'd rather she just disappeared).  I'm just not sure what to think right now...  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: BD in car accident

• Options
    imagetifanico:
    imageRoxalot:

Hey guys-

I told him that I still didn't want him to see her in person, that if he really changed he had to prove it.   

Hmm, not really. If he wants to see her he just has to take you to court for visitation. He doesn't really have to prove YOU anything.  

Hopefully he does change and it's there to help you raise your daughter because at the end she would be the one benefiting from it.  

All of this

• Options
    Hugs!
    It's always difficult to hear something bad like that about someone you once loved. Hope him and you are ok
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetifanico:
    imageRoxalot:

Hey guys-

I told him that I still didn't want him to see her in person, that if he really changed he had to prove it.   

Hmm, not really. If he wants to see her he just has to take you to court for visitation. He doesn't really have to prove YOU anything.  

Hopefully he does change and it's there to help you raise your daughter because at the end she would be the one benefiting from it.  

This.

I think your friend needs to STFU and see past the "ex boyfriend" part. This dude, douchey or not, is your kid's father. I don't think showing him pics is too much at all assuming he's not a pedophile.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRunaway22:
    imagetifanico:
    imageRoxalot:

Hey guys-

This.

I think your friend needs to STFU and see past the "ex boyfriend" part. This dude, douchey or not, is your kid's father. I don't think showing him pics is too much at all assuming he's not a pedophile.

Agree. If he would not pose a danger to you or LO and he does continue to want to be involved, you deserve to consider it for LO...IMHO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"